Nissan Warranty - Scratched SideWindow

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky12343

Reaction score
Hi all,

Took delivery of new Navara D40 ST last Saturday. Seemed Ok on delivery. Upon driving it home noticed a squeak in the rear. Also noticed one of the sports bar plastic joiners were not installed correctly. I contacted the dealer immediately and they said would fix these up at first service. Not a big deal.

Today, I had the windows tinted at a Tint A Car store. Upon picking up the car this afternoon the installer showed me the rear drivers side window, and pointed out some nasty scratches on the outside of it. He advised window scratches become more noticeable after tint is applied. I'm pretty confident the installation of the tint was not to blame as the tint is installed on the inside of the window and the scratches are on the outside, towards the middle of the window.

Took pics and emailed the dealership. They basically wrote back saying it needed to be picked up at delivery for any warranty claims, but will have a look at the first service.

I'm a bit upset about the response. Car is 5 days old and only 250ks on the clock.

Advice or opinions anyone?

Cheers
James

Unfortunately once someone else has taken the window out Nissan are going to have the ability to say it wasn't their fault and really under such circumstances there would be very few companies who would admit fault.

I wouldn't be too worried about he 'picked up on delivery' comment because that's BS, warranty is there for the entire time period offered not just on pick up.

If you are sure you can remove all doubt from the tint installer, which will be hard because accidents happen even to experienced tint installers, I'd take it back to Nissan tomorrow (ASAP) and push them gently on getting something done about it. Don't kick up a stink until there is no other option.

Good luck but I think it's going to be hard to prove Nissan at fault because unless they are manufacturing marks it's going to be hard to prove, and all Nissan have to prove (if ever asked) is that it could have happened elsewhere.

^ Fair comment. Some idiot could have thrown a rock at the car. Nissan's warranty covers (as it ought to) defects in the manufacture, assembly or design of the vehicle.

Who knows what happened - the tinter might have done a shithouse job on someone else's car and they came back with a big rock to vent their frustration.

Back