no bfg ATs what next best

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.murdoch

Reaction score
called up to get 4 bf Goodrich AT and was told it was a 4 week wait but they have 265/75 KM2s in stock

i do a bit of fishing shooting and skiing and around 20,000km per year how will the mud tires go

i like the idea of mud tires but ATs seemed the best option what do you guys think

open to other options but only want to spent around $320 a tire

thanks

and as per the above post , you can get them at donellans for $ 295.00 a corner, or cooper st maxx , $ 320.00 a corner

wait for the bfg's
they have been around forever and have a great reputation
there telling you that just to flog the tyres that they have in stock and have a good markup on
maybee shop elsewhere

KM2's aren't there A/T - where did you ring up? I had no drama's what so ever just a fortnight ago

wait for the bfg's
they have been around forever and have a great reputation
there telling you that just to flog the tyres that they have in stock and have a good markup on
maybee shop elsewhere

iv,e had 2 sets of BFG AT's through the years , both have gone ( off ) before they wore out , and were noisier then any full mud tyre iv'e ever owned once they went hard , i wouldn't touch them with a barge pole

iv,e had 2 sets of BFG AT's through the years , both have gone ( off ) before they wore out , and were noisier then any full mud tyre iv'e ever owned once they went hard , i wouldn't touch them with a barge pole

yeah ive heard once they go hard its all over
but i was also under the impression they had solved that with the newer tyres? km2?
mine r 12 mths old and wearing well
sofar

yeah ive heard once they go hard its all over
but i was also under the impression they had solved that with the newer tyres?

Not sure Sparra , but the last set i had was only 18 months ago , and both sets came from the same high turnover dealer i always get my tyres from , so twice bitten , i wouldn't try them again

However to the guy who started this post , another good option is Micky Thompson MTZ,s they are marketed as a mud tyre , but in reality i reckon there more a super aggressive all terrain , i had a set on a Triton , they wore brilliantly , i got near 80,000 ks , had good road grip in the wet , and weren't any noisier then all terrains I've had

I have had both BFG's and MickeyT's 4ribs and both are an excellent tyres and both got over 100,000km before they were totally stuffed.
personally i liked the 4ribs slightly more then the BFG's

mate im having the same drama. My brother in law got a set of 265 75 16 km2's a fortnight ago and i went down to get a set friday and got told they are in cusoms in melbourne at the moment and wont be in brisbane untill the 29th.

I called every tyre shop in brisbane and the north end of the gold coast and all said the same thing. The only place that had them were bob jane and jax from bundaberg up but was going to cost roughly $250 to freight a set of 4 down.

hacketts tyres in coopers plains had 3 there but that was about it in brisbane i think.

I had a set of the Mickey Thompson 4 Ribs - really really good tyre, I couldn't actually fault it. Handled really well on road, amazing off and was super quiet

When I went to 33's i wanted to try KM2's after all the hype I had heard to find its all very true. Yes the aren't as good on road dry or wet vs the 4 ribs. But when you look at the reduction in contact patch with an All Terrain vs Mud Terrain thats to be expected. Just like I expected them to perform miles better then the 4 ribs off road, and they do.

What I 've been most impressed is how quiet they are for a mud terrain, highly recommend

The way I see it you have 3 choices.

1. Wait for the BFG, had 2 sets, best thing ever and worth every cent, dunno what this other guy is talking about (mind you experiences differer from person to person).

2. Get a set of ATZ/MTZ both are also excellent tyres.

3. Get a set of KM2's, bit expensive but an awesome all round do everything tyre like the MTZ.

local guys have offered them for $330 fitted with a wheel alignment if i get 4 thaught that was a good price

My ATZ 4 ribs are pretty ordinary in the wet, But you just have to take more care, That said I have yet to find a decent tyre for wet that is half decent offroad.

I have only ever once got my car sideways in the wet with my BFG AT's and it was going around a corner with the road angled at about 5degrees and I was physically trying to make it slide.

I guess ~60kw at the wheels in a 2ton truck does that to performance (or lack of it) though lol.

im using BFG AT and they are great all around tyres. it did impress me how well they handle on road. if u are careless on wet conditions, they will slip but in general they are good enough.

the other amazing thing was how quite they are, i remember my old HT tyres and now i cant even heard the AT's.

i would recommend BFG AT cause its the best i tried till now( i remember wheeling with bridgestone HT on my GV I gen!), over brands like bridgestone AT or dunlop, wrangler, etc.

greetings!!

Not sure Sparra , but the last set i had was only 18 months ago , and both sets came from the same high turnover dealer i always get my tyres from , so twice bitten , i wouldn't try them again

However to the guy who started this post , another good option is Micky Thompson MTZ,s they are marketed as a mud tyre , but in reality i reckon there more a super aggressive all terrain , i had a set on a Triton , they wore brilliantly , i got near 80,000 ks , had good road grip in the wet , and weren't any noisier then all terrains I've had

I agree that BFG's are not the be all and end all as made out to be.

Latest posts

Back