no navs for sale arrgghhh!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim.duncan

Reaction score
well i finally sold my sprinter on the weekend so i jump onto car sales and there is no navs for sale arrgghh!!!

iv got 9000 to spend
has to be twin cab d22 (i like the 97 to 2000 shape)
4x4

may consider getting a hilux????

hilux's that bad?????

or navaras are just really good???? ha ha

i dont mind both as the shapes are very similar, just a bit concerned on the higher km on the hiluxes.

dont know how long the missus will tolerate me stealing her car though ha ha

When it comes down to it, either manufacturer could produce a lemon, so just look at the technical differences between the two.

The Navara is roomier, with a higher towing capacity, more power and more torque. This applies to the newer models - I am not sure if the same holds true for something in your price range.

The Toyota gets some of its price from its brand name, so a Toyota priced around the same as a Navara will have more km, worse condition than a Navara (or Triton, or Rodeo etc).

I think both are and can be a good choice of vehicle ... but this is a navara forum, so i have to bag the hilux, just because its not a navara ... LOL

Having been on a couple of VNOG outings and seeing the guys talk about their Navaras and the pride that they have in them and the upgrades were doing to them ... there is no need to even think about going toyota.

All in fun really.

Whie Hiux's aren't a bad ute, for the money you wil get a higher Km's and not as god conditin vehice for the same money.

The QD32 is a heaps better motor then the 3L and 5L used in the Yotas.

Dave.

One thing I have noticed with the hilux is that they wont break but they will never be running properly. That is with the 1991-1995 or what ever years it was out hilux. seems to be that when you fix one thing something else breaks. I have owned a 1998 D22 for about a month now and there is not a day that I regret buying that. My only regret is getting a 4x4 and having to wait while my mates fix there hiluxs

Just sold my d22 2002 st r for 13gran it had150k on the clock . it was on the side of the road for only one day with a 4 sale sign and i had 3 ppl that wanted it. what great resale thy have!!

Just having a squiz myself, you might either have to boost $$$, get an earlier model, or get a petrol ute.

Personally, I see nothing wrong the D21 body shape :)

When I bought my Nav 5 yrs ago, It was one of about 10 utes (Rodeos, Bravos, Couriers etc) I looked at, and for its price, it was about 10 years older than the rest (it's an 86, the rest were mid 90s). It was the best of the lot and I've never regretted buying the older car. Same with my wife's 99 Camry. 200k on the clock when we bought it 3 years ago, and drove and looked much better than a similarly aged Magna with 100k on the clock. I reckon the Magna had done most of its driving at the local McDonalds on a Saturday night.

At this sort of price range, you got to pick the right things to look for.

There's a very neat 89 Dual cab with the TD27 in Adelaide on carsales, bullbar, towbar, sidesteps, 4x4, straight body, looks like its already had suspension lift and flares. Going for a bit over $11k.
240k on the clock. Hose out vinyl floors ;)

Price is too high, but go and look and make an offer. It looks like it will have been very well maintained over the years, which is probably more important than having the D22 body shape.

If you're really keen for a D22 body, buy this one, and speak to Dion about swapping the body out with a D22 with a flogged engine and drivetrain.

Back