No Power when Accelerating

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sitting in village Petrie an they are trying to source the issue with mine. Apparently it is playing up right now while plugged so they are trying to decipher the error codes!

They don't think it's a SCV, they think its software related.

I beg to differ so let's see who's right.

Mines at village redcliffe....... I had the SCV done on Tuesday this week and still happening,

I wonder if the two villages are talking to each other about these very similar issues........

I left mine (it is the wifes car so not as needed as if it was a work car)

I hope they fix mine as I loved the car but am thinking even if they fix it will I ever have confidence as it has been "fixed" before....

I'd say they aren't talking to each other. The guys at Petrie say they haven't done a SCV on my model..... They seem to think software related. Lucky mine was playing up while it was hooked up in front of them. The spent a couple of hours going over the whole fuel system tightening everything as it seemed to be losing pressure (you could tell through the primer after it was stopped). They say after they did all that, it seemed to behave itself. well, we will see soon enough.

I'd say they aren't talking to each other. The guys at Petrie say they haven't done a SCV on my model..... They seem to think software related. Lucky mine was playing up while it was hooked up in front of them. The spent a couple of hours going over the whole fuel system tightening everything as it seemed to be losing pressure (you could tell through the primer after it was stopped). They say after they did all that, it seemed to behave itself. well, we will see soon enough.

so far, i've had additional hose clamps put on because the hose wasnt tight enough, an ECU re programme, an SCV replaced, (fuel cap loosened). I think they are now thinking internal common rail issues............... Mine was bought feb 2012 but a 2011 build.

Geezus!

PM me your rego number pretty please and I will send mine back to you - give it your service guys and me vice versa to say look, another one with the same issues! We might be able to help each other get these shitters fixed.

Just rang for an update, was told

"Don't know, we'll keep it until it plays up whilst we are test driving it and then put the scan tool on it. Hopefully it plays up within a couple of days so we can then send the data back to nissan for them to analyse it"

Thanks Nissan tech why not put the bloody tool on it and at least give it back to us.,..................... will be going in to check the odo tomorrow morning as I have video footage of the ODO prior to dropping it off to see how much driving they have been doing.............. I reckon its been put in the corner. (when i worked at a dealer warranty work always last on priority due to low charge rate to manufacturer then to client)

Touch wood, all the tightening of clamps on mine seems to have done the job.......... I suggested it may have been an issue and was reassured it wouldn't be..... pffht.

I have my chip back on and it seems to be running as it once did, properly!

Hey lads - the fuel filter trick worked for 2 weeks then it completely died, would start, run for 2secs then stop.
2 days at Nissan - the scv was replaced and the earths where all cleaned - no dramas so far runs like a dream and it feels strong and powerful again. Get the to check the earths and clean them, apparently it's common

Still no news dealer now has not rang me back for 3 days, I rang this afternoon and surprise surprise will ring you back will be going in on Friday morning as am not back from Sydney to see them and see how they go ignoring me face to face. I understand that if it isn't throwing codes or going into limp mode for them that it may not be the easiest to fix but talk to me let me know, silence makes me think they are not looking into it

Tell them to clean the earths - there are 3 one near the ecu in the drivers side rear of engine bay, the one on the earth lead for the battery and one under the airbox

Geez dude. I thought mine was bad.

After last Friday and the tightening of all the fuel lines, she is running just fine again. No issues so far....... Touch wood......

Am picking it up this morning as there is nothing else they can do, Will be asking for after hour contact # so that if the thing happens again I can call someone to come and diagnose the issue if not and it happens once more and they can still not fix / identify the issue will be pursuing the lemon law for a refund. (if only our law was as tough as the americans)..

The silly thing is, is that I still like the bloody car... just not the issues

Just went again at farmer pats. Got video of it, would not rev would sit there running between 6-800 rpm with your foot flat, turned it on and off a number of times and still the same, eventually with my foot flat it would engage and begin accelerating but randomly. Eventually turning it on and off again it worked:rambo: insert picture of dealer here

Garfish, I'd love to know what the fuel rail pressure is when it's acting up, as well as what the ECU believes the throttle position is. The ECU reports both of these through the OBD port, so if you have a reader (Scangauge, Android phone with Torque + a bluetooth OBD adapter) that info might be interesting. I'd also like to know the MAFS flow rate.

For example, if it's a dodgy throttle connection ... it'll tell you straight away. If it's something like a faulty MAFS, or a dirty connection on either ... you'll know.

Thanks all , Will need to invest in a diagnostic tool or similar as suggested as everytime it hits the dealers it runs fine, they even drove it for a week and put 200 k on it without any issue..

The engine was making a horrible racket when trying to idle...... Have all video footage to show the dealers but alas it would be like someone coming to me with a balance sheet and them asking me why they are losing money......... Thanks all. will need to get a tool

Back