Non-4WD Activities At Muster

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The gift vouchers and show bags are a good idea, but the bikes might be a bit big. That would mean someone from the committee would have to pack them along with all their own camping gear limiting there space for there own stuff.

Chocolate and lollies always work well on kids too.

I agree .. .Chocolate and lollies are a lot easier to cart to muster than 'big stuff', and its easier to distribute more smaller stuff to the kids, rather than one kid getting one 'big' prize.

I thinks we load the kids up with chocolate and sugar and keep them 'high' for the muster - they'll burn off the energy by chasing each other around.

We could have charged prices like Deni do, but we thought we'd try and keep things down to a bare minimum. We got as much as we could into the event for the $ that we had.

We didn't want to load the bags up with crap from a $2 store either. Apart from just being a bloody waste, it would have cheapened things - made it tacky. I like to think we did a little better than that.

One of the things the committee will do is look at mini showbags for participation, but if we're putting in food products, I'm going to insist on:

* Australian made
* No artificial flavours, colours or preservatives
* Minimal nut and lactose content

Nothing like being healthy about it!

I think the show bags we got where really good. not tacky at all. couple of stickers, stubby holders and hat, everythin big kids want.

Right there with you Brad! The bags had two of my favourite collectables, two decent baseball caps and three stubbie coolers.

Cheers Brad

I'd keep prizes small, stickers and so on, a show bag with some sponsors product is great. My kids love the Iron man stickers and the tough dog stickers for example. I'd reckon some kid wining a 'bike' for example is going to end up with some pretty upset kids.

The reason I, and I think most fathers, take their kids camping, is to get away from all of the day to day crap, and try to find oportunities build some independance, resilience and practical skills, that our PC society has nearly eliminated.

Depending on the location (and I'm picturing Vic High Country 2012), fishing and yabbying is always good. Possum spoting at night, cooking damper and scones on the fire. Oddly enough one thing my boys always end up doing is building shelters out of sticks and branches, they love it. Lots of city kids, like mine, love walking through the bush and trying to identify tracks/ holes/crap of different animals. Older kids will like different things all together.
Thats the sort of thing I'd be thinking of for kids.

Latest posts

Back