Not a ZD30!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demun

Reaction score
G'day one and all,

I never thought i would buy one of these "things" especially since I would never trade my 4.2TD GU Patrol for a 3 litre one; however, I needed a bit more poke than my D21 2.7D has to pull the 2.5 tonne 'van and the additional flexibility that a cab/chassis ute fitted with a canopy provides. and Plus, I am an advocate for using 2T oil in diesel and this unit fits the bill nicely - especially when I've completed the mods to it to my satisfaction - I like to re-engineer vehicles.

This unit has 140,000 Km on the clock and will probably only do about 5000Km a year as did the D21.

I am a member of the Patrol4X4.com forum as well and have posted threads there of the mods done to the GU plus a bit on the use of 2T oil in diesel issue.

My motoring background has been in motor racing from speedway in the 1960's, drag racing (a 300HP '67 HR Holden - 13.6 sec), Go Kart racing in Darwin and Melbourne, Motorcross - Yamaha YZ125's in the '70's, Toyota Team Australia endurance events from about 1983 to 1990, rebuilt a 1970 MGB including modifying suspension, brakes and engine (2.121L bored and stroked) with which I won the modified section of the Rob Roy Hill Climb in '98, '99 and 2000 - sold to a mate here in Bowen before I killed myself in it [there is a lot to the saying "No Fear"].

Based upon the helpful input from members of the Patrol4X4 forum I look forward to researching issues on this forum as well.

Cheers, .. Dino

Latest posts

Back