NSW Navara Owner Excursions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old.Tony

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
One of the things that I discovered at the muster was that there were a number of people who wanted to go camping or or day trips to various places but hadn't heard about trips that we'd been doing. I think some people also felt uncomfortable with the humourous "EGGNOG" name for the NSW group.

As a result of all of the discussions, the following has happened:

1) Dylan has changed the name of the group to NSWNOG. You can visit the group page by clicking here and sign up if you wish.

2) I've nominated myself as Trip Coordinator. All this really means is that when a decision has been made about a destination, I'll plan the route, including meeting place, times, fuel stops etc. I'll include stuff to bring (eg we might not need food if we're going to a pub) as best as I can.

3) I will start to come up with interesting destinations that we can visit but please feel free to throw some in! Not all of the destinations will be 4WD tracks, sometimes they'll be visually spectacular, or they'll just be a social gathering where we can say hi and have a couple of drinks.

I do intend to conduct (or have conducted if possible) some basic lessons in 4WD, for example negotiating river crossings, conducting vehicle recoveries, rocky trails etc. We will also have camping outings requiring an overnight (or two) stay somewhere. There are plenty of places to go and things to see in this state - so let's get to it!

Please feel free to join up and come along.

Old.Tony said:
One of the things that I discovered at the muster was that there were a number of people who wanted to go camping or or day trips to various places but hadn't heard about trips that we'd been doing. I think some people also felt uncomfortable with the humourous "EGGNOG" name for the NSW group.

As a result of all of the discussions, the following has happened:

1) Dylan has changed the name of the group to NSWNOG. You can visit the group page by clicking here and sign up if you wish.

2) I've nominated myself as Trip Coordinator. All this really means is that when a decision has been made about a destination, I'll plan the route, including meeting place, times, fuel stops etc. I'll include stuff to bring (eg we might not need food if we're going to a pub) as best as I can.

3) I will start to come up with interesting destinations that we can visit but please feel free to throw some in! Not all of the destinations will be 4WD tracks, sometimes they'll be visually spectacular, or they'll just be a social gathering where we can say hi and have a couple of drinks.

I do intend to conduct (or have conducted if possible) some basic lessons in 4WD, for example negotiating river crossings, conducting vehicle recoveries, rocky trails etc. We will also have camping outings requiring an overnight (or two) stay somewhere. There are plenty of places to go and things to see in this state - so let's get to it!

Please feel free to join up and come along.

What an awesome idea. With the input you have you can almost start a DVD or Magazine.
Awesome can't wait for a day trip

Wouldn't be straight away, Brad.

We did some rock-hopping in Yengo National Park up the Howes Valley Fire Trail on standard tyres in 2WD - while it wasn't something too extreme, it was still interesting and we had fun doing it.

I'm kinda thinking we might manage 1 or 2 outings and a Christmas Drinkies outing before Christmas rolls around and that's it. I'd like one of those outings to be an overnighter somewhere, possibly late November? Then have Christmas drinks somewhere in the middle of December.

As for destinations, I'm open to suggestion. I've got a dozen places in mind, but I'm just as happy sampling cheese in Central Tilba as I am knocking back a drink in the Royal at Hill End.

Old.Tony said:
Wouldn't be straight away, Brad.

We did some rock-hopping in Yengo National Park up the Howes Valley Fire Trail on standard tyres in 2WD - while it wasn't something too extreme, it was still interesting and we had fun doing it.

I'm kinda thinking we might manage 1 or 2 outings and a Christmas Drinkies outing before Christmas rolls around and that's it. I'd like one of those outings to be an overnighter somewhere, possibly late November? Then have Christmas drinks somewhere in the middle of December.

As for destinations, I'm open to suggestion. I've got a dozen places in mind, but I'm just as happy sampling cheese in Central Tilba as I am knocking back a drink in the Royal at Hill End.

I got down hill end to the bridal track about once a month. Got to love the pub. But it's the worst outback good ever haha.
Best mate has a property down alpha rd there.

The name of the group was discussed on the way home from the muster & one idea was NEWNOG, 1 for New South Wales & 2 for the majority of welshman at the muster where from Newcastle

hey guys im fairly new to the group, my names anthony but man i reakon some lil trips away would be awsome. lookin forward to havin a beer with ya's

The name of the group was discussed on the way home from the muster & one idea was NEWNOG, 1 for New South Wales & 2 for the majority of welshman at the muster where from Newcastle

^ what brad said
its sounds better than nswnog

Latest posts

Back