Obd-ii

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see the price drop as the dollar goes up.

I see Ample are also selling a wireless version that does similar things, guess thats another reason the SG is dropping in price

They need to also make a smaller/right angled OBD plug as the current one sticks out and fouls with the right size 11 boot.

And some more gauge options that work with the nav would be nice.

and the price drop is welcome..

I finally just ordered a scanguage. hopefully it'll work with my YD25 D22.

Does anyone know if I can use the cable from the scanguage to connect to my computer? Obviously I'd need to get some software.

The SG cable is OBD to a standard Cat5 plug so it will physically connect to your computer but without the software it wont actually do anything. Whether or not the cable works with other forms of software will pretty much be a hit and miss scenario, I know it never did anything with my version of ProScan but only one tried it once as a test and went back to the proper cables.

Also, while the plug might look the same as a computer network plug, the voltages present on the lines might not be, and prodding your LAN card/port with extra voltage will definitely make it go faster - until all the smoke comes out, then it's all over.

I strongly recommend using the plug only in the orifice that it was designed to go in. Doesn't mine I'm anti-gay or anything like that, but when it comes to electronics, these things are a little more sensitive than your average Ru Paul.

After a quick glance I'd say they should work however there are still 4 protocols that OBDII can run and still be classed as ODBII and if those gauges require a different protocol to what the Nav does it's they may not work.

I don't know for sure about the Nav's but I know that some makes and models vary protocols between countries so while I'd suggest they might work if I was you I'd send them an email to confirm it.

The 2010 apparently does have the OBDII for those reading this later.

Latest posts

Back