Officially unemployed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aido

Reaction score
Got the Tijuana Brass at 4:30 this arvo. Blind sided.
Got paid out redundancy. Not a great heap.
Plans now need to be formulated over this weekend to make sure the bills and expenses can be paid well before the cash reserves get too far depleted.
Some of you know what I have been up to over the past 8 weeks in terms of starting my own business and this has certainly ramped that up big time.
In the meantime though - thinking aloud and waving wildly for a life preserver - If anybody knows of or has any form of employment available then I would be grateful of a heads up. Casual, Full time or subcontract (have ABN). Skilled or unskilled labour. I'm mature enough to work solo and take responsibilty for my work. Have EWP license, Red card, Elec test license. Spent seven years in construction and installation. Fitter and turner by trade and have experience in small engine and maintenance.
All offers considered and appreciated.
Cheers and have a great weekend.....I'll be busier than fox terrier trying to bury a bone beneath a marble floor.

Adrian
0488 443 101 <----new number for those that have my old one

All the best with everything Aido, these things tend to turn out for the best anyway.

How long would it be for?? I'll have a chat with the head engineer at work. We are currently working on a project at work that is 3-4 weeks before it gets completed but we need more hands

How long would it be for?? I'll have a chat with the head engineer at work. We are currently working on a project at work that is 3-4 weeks before it gets completed but we need more hands

Well look at that! I was gifted with 2 hands! And they both work!
3-4 weeks would suffice. Cheers Boogz

My grass needs cut, car needs washed and the dogs need walked.:sarcastic:

Good to hear your still alive anyway's!:cheers!:

Well look at that! I was gifted with 2 hands! And they both work!
3-4 weeks would suffice. Cheers Boogz

No promises dude but i will put up a strong case on monday when i run it higher up the chain, it will be in thomastown if it's a goer

No worries Boogz. Only been unemployed for 3 hours and not panicking just need to start making positive steps straight away.
Oh and drink beer! It is replacing the dream like effect that the past few hours have had on me....with another altered state of reality.

that sux... least your optimistic. sounds like a good oportunity to kick start your own business.

i was in similar situation well not unemployed but serverly unhappy at work and had the choice of find new work or go into business for myself. i found new employment. i found the risk of failure and struggling to make ends meet for a bit while i built up clients and equipment to daunting.

good luck mate i hope it works out well for you. i take my hat off to you if your business goes well!

That's no good. I have been there when the worst of the GFC hit, fortunately i was only out of work for 3 weeks but i also didn't have the bills and family to worry about.

Wish you all the best, it sounds like you wont need to worry too much.

Not good mate.

Ill grab your number for all the sms's I send Scott aswell.

Good luck.

Gainfully employed less than 24hrs later.....
Subcontract work for a neighbour. Good coin ----nah great coin, and relatively easy going work.
Business also up and running as of monday to fill gaps and work towards the coming months that will be the land of milk and honey.
Best thing I ever did was to make a kahnt of meself and make it known to my previous employer......Redundancy was his easy option and good news for me.
All happy again. Twas a restless night though and have been up since 2am......worth it because got stuck in and made shit happen today!

Cheers Boogz for being a standout bloke and looking out for me but not required. Thank you very much.

Everyone loves a happy ending but I bet Aido does just a little bit more now.

Whats your business?

And good luck

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back