Oh dear!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nakedape

Reaction score
Just got given a land cruiser ute for work - now the nav seems a little under powered. :D

I mowed my lawn yesyerday with my new ride on
my nav seems a bit underpowered also

Make sure you carry a spare 20 litres of oil with you in the cruiser though, prone to oil consumption issues I've read ha ha.

Probably not that much more power and torque but man the delivery of it in those things is great! All go, right from idle.

I believe the earlier ones did have an oil consumption issue, the rings where to hard or something and never bedded in but who cares, work vehicle anyway just pour the oil in and enjoy the grunt.

Yep, work bus - drive it, hand keys to workshop manager when required, and forget. Too easy!

Not my cup of tea, way over priced, BUT if you have just been given the keys it you didnt have to spend your cash on it fair enough.
Also when you look at the figures on paper they actually dont have much more power then the 4cyl 2.5lt D40, you would think they have oodles more power.

just checked the figures on the Toyota site and they have 11kw more the the D40 but 20nm LESS torque WTF?? i would of thought it would be the other way around and the V8 would have more torque, i guess the difference is the it comes on at lower RPM.

Last edited:
Do you do much highway driving in it Nakedape? id be interested to know how it o
compares to the nav on highway at 110kph. Id it revving hard/noisy. or has it still got lots left for overtaking? just curious as im kicking the idea around.

Nah, lucky to get it into 5th. The old D22 is more comfortable - but you've got to love the diesel V8 sound of the cruiser.

Latest posts

Back