Oil and seals

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R2D22

Reaction score
About 2 weeks time im planning on installinga front lokka. 2014 D22. I read somewhere that seals will need to be replaced. Can anyone confirms this and name/s of seals? Next question recommended oil weights. Prefer to use penrite products.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Can't comment on the seals, but I used the same diff oil for my stock front diff as the read LSD. Limslip 85w140 from memory. Won't hurt anything, you can still use LSD oil with a lokka. If you don't care about buying separate oil, from memory the manual recommends a 75w90 for the front, I just prefer to keep them the same so you can get a 4lt bottle and do both of them...

Not sure if there are any differences in the later models, but in the earlier ones the seals are ok to re use (with a thin coating of rtv silicone) if you are careful about taking them off to begin with. Not sure what they are called, but you would probably need part no's from the manual if you wanted replacements from Nissan.

I use Castrol 80W-90 EPX Gear Oil. Same as I used before the Lokka. Seems ok.

ps. assuming it's the R180 diff in that model?

The manual calls them "O ring" (x2) and "side retainer adjusting shim" (x2) for where the retainers bolt on. The front cover gasket is simply referred to as "gasket" (funnily enough lol).

If you search, there is a good write up on here somewhere explaining the Lokka installation.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back