Oil catch can, a lot of oil after 2 days

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RZ.

Reaction score
Installed a forefront catch can in my zd30. Has under 50 000 kms

Done a few laps around the block max, driving like a nana and the can has at least a tablespoon and a half.

I know zd30's breathalot of oil but that seems like way too much.

Funnily it's sitting on top of the oil filter like it's just rolled out of the rocker cover and down into the filter.

Could there be too much oil in her?

Or is the turbo sucking it through?

I thought the valve on the large forefront cans was supposed to stop the turbo sucking the heck out of it.

Any direction would be epic.

Will put pics up once I figure out ow to do it :D

Cheers lads

Here we go, catch can isn't horizontal hence why oils pooling on the bottom Side of the pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Cheers for the reply mate, appreciate it.

Lol been told that A few times,, every time I change them around someone says to put it the other way.

My understanding for the design of the unit is: rocker cover to top of catch can, then bottom hose to air intake after the filter box.

I could be wrong, is that how you set it up?

Read that the forefront guys even said you could alternate them ie either way would work. But I can't understand how the bottom valve will work if you don't have the hoses the way around the unit was designed to go.

I was also under the impression that this valve is designed to stop turbo sucking oil out of the rocker cover.......l

Msgd forefront today, will be interesting to see what they say. Hopefully something productive. They seem like good crew to deal with

Don't want to free vent because I would like to do deep water crossings

Last edited:
Either way - Forefront catch can ( according to their site)
Big Can In - Top ... Small Can In - Lower
Big Can Out - Bottom ... Small Can Out - Upper

Cheers manning. Appreciate the reply. Got onto forefront today and can't speak highly enough of them. Was a great assistance.

One of the things I was pondering that they mentioned today was that there may be a little extra oil in her. Because I haven't had her long I haven't figured out the dip stick.

In most of my rigs when it is at the full line you know she is sweet.

Every time I pull the dip stick on the d22 she is throwing oil up the stick so wasn't sure if the last drop of oil I put in was too much. Or bang on.

Will drop some oil in the morning and see how she goes.

Latest posts

Back