Oil found in radiator and missing coolant

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Brent,

I have booked it into Sydney Diesel Center for a test next week. As always they listed everything we have here, but like he said, they will take off the top and pressure test the cylinders. At least that way I'll have an answer as to whether or not it is the gasket/head and as this is the second time around, I am not going to stuff around.

UNfortunately I just have a bad feeling about the whole thing.

Still, better off than the in-laws who just got stung 6.5k for a new transfer case in a Hyundai Terracan..

Thanks again all, I'll let you all know what happens.

Diagnosis - Leak somewhere in the gasket/head.

Whole lot coming off and will be tested for cracks etc and go from there.

Ahh well.

I got my diagnosis today - the head has cracked in two places and needs to be replaced. Cost $6160. Does anyone know if that's a fairly average price?

Also the injectors are fairly rough and obviously they recommened them for replacement ($~1100). Apparently Nissan have another winner by not designing an injector that can be serviced. Is that a job I could do myself as a bit of a DIY or best left to the experts?

Any advice is appreciated.

Sorry to hear that Flynndog. Modern engines can be expensive bloody things when they break. Hope you don't have to give up beer to afford the repair.

I just got 2 bills from the ATO. Total. 10 grand. Yay.

Have you tried Nizzbits for the price on a head ?

Engine Australia sell valves etc.

Got any mates who are mechanics or diesel mechanics ?

Price sounds a little high.

Nah I don't have friends. Well none that can help me anyway.I though it was a bit high but not too much more than what I have heard round the traps. I know 1100 sounds about right for new injectors on most diesels.

Latest posts

Back