Oil light flashing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael 44

Reaction score
Hello there, I have a nissan d40, the oil light flashed on and off for a while after start up, I took pressure sensor out and hooked it up to a gauge and oil pressure is brilliant. Also the oil level is fine, I'm now thinking is there a oil level sensor playing up.... What are your thoughts please? Many thanks Michael

Mine did the exact same thing about a week ago, I'd not used the car in a week. I am going to get the guys to do a full engine flush and replace the sensor at the next service. Oil level was fine, I checked it 3 times to make sure. No excessive noise from the engine while it started. As soon as the temp rose by a couple of degrees the warnings went out. It hasn't happened since.

Just maybe something you could check, which seemed to be the fault of mine..... The morning it started flashing we had quite a bit of rain and I hit some water on my journey out and it was when I started the engine to return the oil light flashed. When I got underneath I noticed the plug on the level sensor (on the sump) was dripping wet, I disconnected and cleaned plug with some wd-40. It hasn't been a problem since 🤞. Maybe wrong, but if it saves you worry time and money, thought it's worth mentioning 👍

Thanks for that :)

I've got a new sensor on the way anyway, just in case, and I've booked the car in with the mechanic to do a complete engine flush. I'd rather be safe than sorry, because if the issue is caused by a slight blockage in an oil passage, that might cause the timing chains tensioners to not respond as well as they ought to and start damaging the chains. With almost 380K km on the clock it's probably safer to be cautious - but I will check that plug just in case.

I copped this over the easter weekend just gone, the blinking oil light. This was a new one for me. Obviously, it was a WTF moment and shut it down immediately! Checks: puddle of oil? No. Dipstick? Fine. Truck was on level ground. It was a cool morning - maybe 8 degrees C - not likely a factor. Didnt happen at next start. Others indicate that it can happen after an oil change with air in the oil system. The manual indicates its an oil level issue. Hasn't done it since but will be checking the sensor.

There is a reset procedure for the oil level sensor, TSB attached

Attachments

• TSB reset -OIL-LOW- (1) (1).pdf
    957 KB · Views: 0
Hello there, I have a nissan d40, the oil light flashed on and off for a while after start up, I took pressure sensor out and hooked it up to a gauge and oil pressure is brilliant. Also the oil level is fine, I'm now thinking is there a oil level sensor playing up.... What are your thoughts please? Many thanks Michael
yep

Latest posts

Back