Oil pressure gauge / trans temp gauge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joseph

Reaction score
Hello guys, ive bought for my zd30 3 gauges, transmission temp, oil pressure and boost pressure.

i installed the boost pressure gauge with no problem but the transmission temp and the oil pressure i couldnt.

the oil pressure gauge comes with an oil sender unit with a 1/8" npt. ive figured out where the oil switch is and i pulled it out just to check how it worked, it turns out that when its plugged off the light on the panel wont even turn on, not even when the switch is on but the vehicle is off.

is there a way to install the sender unit without losing the original switch ?

ive seen some installations where you split a oil line then put a T with 2 male bspt to hose and a female 1/8" where you put the sender unit. does the zd30 on the d22 have a oil line like this one? because i couldnt found one :(.

if i take off the original switch, the hole in the block would be the same as my 1/8"npt ?.

other question: the trans temp, how to install it ? it has a little termometer which bolts on, where should i put it ? is there any bolt on the gearbox that i can take off and set this termometer in ?

Hello guys, ive bought for my zd30 3 gauges, transmission temp, oil pressure and boost pressure.

i installed the boost pressure gauge with no problem but the transmission temp and the oil pressure i couldnt.

the oil pressure gauge comes with an oil sender unit with a 1/8" npt. ive figured out where the oil switch is and i pulled it out just to check how it worked, it turns out that when its plugged off the light on the panel wont even turn on, not even when the switch is on but the vehicle is off.

is there a way to install the sender unit without losing the original switch ?

ive seen some installations where you split a oil line then put a T with 2 male bspt to hose and a female 1/8" where you put the sender unit. does the zd30 on the d22 have a oil line like this one? because i couldnt found one :(.

if i take off the original switch, the hole in the block would be the same as my 1/8"npt ?.

other question: the trans temp, how to install it ? it has a little termometer which bolts on, where should i put it ? is there any bolt on the gearbox that i can take off and set this termometer in ?
You can buy a T piece ( I think I got mine from ENZED) that screws into the hole for the original sender.
Then just screw the old and new sender to the T piece, wire them up and there ya go.
I didnt bother with the old sender, just removed it and replaced it with the new one.
I figured with the oil pressure gauge there was need for the light on the dash.
Also I dont think there is enough room down there for the T piece and 2 senders.
I have no clue what to do with the tranny temp guage though.
Bill

Last edited:
for oil temps the common thing is to tap the drain bolt. however the navara has the wrong style of bolt for that, you would have to change the drain plug or tap the gearbox itself.

unless you have an auto i wouldn't bother with transmission temp. exhaust temp is far more important.

Can anyone tell me where abouts the oil pressure switch is as i am going to be installing a pressure and boost gauge hopefully this weekend

What Tweake said.

BP90 it should be around the oil filter.

It will be in the service manual.

oh ok thanks dave, i will have a better look tommorow, tried to find it earlier this afternoon but no luck.

dave i looked through the service manual pdf (as confusing as it is) i think i have found where the oil pressure switch is well where the service manual said it was. can ANYONE please tel me whether or not on the ZD30 the oil pressure switch it at the back drivers side of the engine to the left of the egr pipe that comes from the exhaust manifold as this is where the service manual says it is, although the manual is a little bit hard to figure out if you looking in the right section?? any help would be great as i thought it would be next to the oil filter except there arent any wires going to and of the bolts near the filter.

Last edited:
yeah i thought it would have been close by the oil filter like you said, yeah if that is it its also a pain in the a**e place to get to it to try and remove it.

Back