OME Suspension issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gold Nav

Reaction score
The other day I discovered one of the bushings in my old man emu rear suspension was shot. On further inspection I discovered that nearly all the bushes have perished or close to it. I've only done 40k km with the suspension kit and that was all city driving. I would have expected them to last longer than they have. Has anyone else with old man emu suspension experienced this. Ive been informed by ARB that the bushes are perishable items and wont be replaced under warranty. I've been told by a number people that I should opt for rubber instead of the poly bushes as they don't last. But finding it hard to locate an alternative to the OME ones. Any ideas? Anyone experienced this.?

Welcome to the forum.

The bushes aren't vital for operation, but mine too have perished. A set of 6 cost me $9.

I'm not sure rubber ones would be good. I had thought that they were there to promote leaf movement, allowing the leaves to slide more easily. This quietens the leaf pack until dirt gets in there (pressure-washing fixes it).

Poly bushes last alot longer then rubber. The key is not to over tighten them or you will damage them.

They need to have the right grease applied to them on install as well. If not it will effect the polly or rubber...

Thanks all for the welcome and your feedback. The suspension was installed by ARB so I assume it was installed correctly. As for grease I used what was recommended but maybe not often enough, although the one bush I pulled out seemed well greased not dry. Just split into pieces. Maybe the Top End heat and humidity affects em. I'll try another set of bushes from ARB and pay more attention to maintaing them and see how they go.

Back