On the back of the tow truck again.....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete22

Reaction score
My ute just got picked up for a free ride to Nowra City Nissan........lack of electrical supply to the started, dash, headlights etc etc etc. Even the door locks won't operate. Couldn't find any fuseable links/fuses blown and did the usual microsoft solution approach of disconnecting the battery.....still no joy. So over to Mr Nissan to find the problem. That just fooked my weekend's fishing - bit hard to tow the boat with the Mrs' Barina.

PS - it is not a battery problem.....not only is is just 2 months old but all the test show it to be at full strength.

There's another fuse box hidden under the bonnet on the passenger side up near the fire wall. I forget which ones are in there.
The lid is a box as well attatched to the bottom half after opening it by wiring.

I haven't looked closely at that on my car, is it the kind of thing you could replace on the side of the road with the usual tools in your kit if you had a spare?

As long as it wasn't a Freightliner aka Freightshaker, the D40 would of fallen apart. Haha.

I haven't looked closely at that on my car, is it the kind of thing you could replace on the side of the road with the usual tools in your kit if you had a spare?

You can bypass it with fencing wire from the battery post to the lug that takes power to the rest of the car. Solder doesn't like sticking to it.

Dammit I stopped carting fence wire around when we sold the farm.

I'll take one and make it remote from the glove box!!

I wouldn't worry about carrying fencing wire around. There's thousands upon thousands of km of that shit laid all around the country. Just take some wire cutters with you.

Good thinking, and if I use Barbed wire it would stop some dodgy bastard stealing the cabling.

Update

After waiting a couple of days for a new fusible link block it was fitted and promptly blew again. Now going through a full check to try and find where the short might be.....I'm thinking that something was disturbed during the replacement of the timing chain last week and they are now also of that opinion. Just where this goes is now anyone's guess at the moment but I'm guessing that I won't have a car for a few days yet.

Latest posts

Back