Overboost? 29psi?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D40NAVY

Reaction score
Hey y'all
Just done the EGR block made up my own gasket,chucked her on and put a boost gauge in.. Is 29pound ( PSI ) too much.. Seems to come up on dash as over boosting but not sure.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 113
If it's acurate. That is over boosting and I'd be taking it really easy on it. Although I would of thought that standard turbo wasn't capable of those sort of boost pressures.

Does it seem to go much better, like to much better?

Done the EGR block here but highest I have ever seen (on the scan gauge 2) is 20 and I was giving it a fair bit of welly up a hill to do that. One thing I have noticed the mid range boost is easier/faster to come on.

Its suppose to be around 18-20psi it will cope with that pressure for a while but permantly at that pressure it will die..25psi is good

Also if thats correct it must have a manual/electronic boost controller fitted or the factory sensor is buggered as in standard trim that shouldnt happen

What does your ECU say the boost is? That'd be interesting. My ECU seems to think my highest boost pressure should be marginally under 20psi at any time. I thought the D40 was capable of up to 24psi boost, 29 is a bit too high for stock fittings, although you can (with a different turbo) have 36 psi of boost and the engine won't die.

I would question the accuracy of any meter and it's installation and the op's setup appears basic i have seen all sorts of unusual readings from different gauges and Cam i believe the 450 runs the same boost as the previous just larger porting and a minor increase in rail pressure via the ecu.

Mines 2013 2.5. And the gauge is teed into the sensor on the intercooler. 2psi variance from obd to gauge is fine for me considering it's only a 30 dollar gauge

I would question the accuracy of any meter and it's installation and the op's setup appears basic i have seen all sorts of unusual readings from different gauges and Cam i believe the 450 runs the same boost as the previous just larger porting and a minor increase in rail pressure via the ecu.

My guage shows a vac reading of 10 at idle...but reads the same as obd at full steam...very cheap guage that i stole from the brother inlaw...very questionable!!!
Thats how i understood the 147 odd kw they have now too..

Latest posts

Back