Overhead Roof Console anyone? worth buying?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aron1991

Reaction score
Went to my local ARB dealer today in melb and asked about a overhead console, they can do one for my d22, even better they can wire up my spotties with a loome aerial and uhf and install in 1 go, anyone else know of any different brand of overhead roof consoles? thanks aron.

I don't believe there is a heap of options. ARB usually use Outback Consoles from Qld but there is another mob (a google search for roof console brings them up but I can't remember the name), when I was looking they didn't have any local distributors but they are easy enough to install yourself if you want too.

yeah ive been searching around.. net etc, i think ill just stick to ARB get them to put it in for me then i can mount uhf, external speaker in 1 wack.

Once you get over the price the only thing to get over is that they can be head banging items if you're tall enough, however I did find that I can lean on mine to keep me awake if I am in the right position.

how many Din size radios could you fit in it?

have you a pic of it in here Scott?

OUTBACK 4WD INTERIOR ACCESORIES

I believe the only difference between D40 and D22 is the mounting plate which you can't see when installed, although my mounting plate came with about 12 holes in it so the captive nuts are probably situated differently for each model.

Car Consoles & 4WD Storage Drawers - Department of the Interior - overhead consoles, roof consoles, custom built consoles, 4WD interiors, storage systems, vehicle consoles, radio console, dashboard pod, four wheel drive.

This mob is slightly cheaper but they make a two radio console by taking out their shelf/tray which most people probably don't use anyway. I didn't like the look of these ones as much as the Outback one but the biggest trouble I had was getting hold of them or their suppliers whereas ARB stores are everywhere which made the Outback easy to get.

I was very close to getting one for my single cab, but a bit of thought and i could mount the radio's in a good position with external speakers and have it look neat anyway.

Mitch

No need for an external speaker with the CB up top, can even listen to the stereo at reasonable volume and still hear the CB when it's that much higher. Apart from wanting to use it as a mount for a DVD screen the higher mount CB which was easier to hear was my main drive for getting the console.

But they aren't cheap and don't suit everyone's needs.

If anyone needs it, I've got the D22 installation guide here to have a look at. It looks like an easy install as Scotty has mentioned. Probably the "hardest" job would be wiring in your UHF etc.

If anyone needs it, I've got the D22 installation guide here to have a look at. It looks like an easy install as Scotty has mentioned. Probably the "hardest" job would be wiring in your UHF etc.
cheers...could you email that to me...ta.

looks like more to the wish list.....

Probably easier just to put it up here, pretty sure anyone can save it from here, let me know if it doesn't work, :cheers!:

Attachments

• RCNAV97.pdf
    225.4 KB · Views: 697

Does it get in your way at all....... bang your head or anything like that?

I should have added in my post that I don't actually have the console yet, its still on the to do list. I asked Outback for the instructions so I could check it out properley. Will be getting one soon though.

I sat in Darrens D22 on our Ripley run a few months back, and I didn't get anywhere near wacking my head on the console.

Last edited:
Cheers,

outback website is showing the for $466...gone up a bit i spose since Scott got his for $350

I was quoted $425 with the Uniden radio surround but it came in cheaper than that at the check out.

Latest posts

Back