Overhead Roof Console anyone? worth buying?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only bump my head on mine if I lean too far as I get in, with a crook back I don't always get in the car straight like most people, it's more of a fall and slide, if I don't get it right I can hit my head. Otherwise the only time I hit it is deliberate as I rest my arm against it to hold my head up and stop me from falling asleep.

One thing that is steering me towards the Outback console when I get one is they use LED lighting front and rear, the other ones I have seen are still normal globes. Small point but its a big one with me, :cheers!:

Heres a couple of the Outback one in Darrens ute, nicely made.

Attachments

• DSCF8449.jpg
    DSCF8449.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 323
  • DSCF8450.jpg
    DSCF8450.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
For my liking the LED's are way to bright and the first thing I did was disconnect the door switch so I could turn them on and off when I wanted too but the LED's are a lot better looking that the other two models which appear to have globes pulled out of 80's model jet liners.

hey mate did u get a quote from arb ? how much was it for the over head console ? cheers

Outback R/C's are generally quoted at about $400 retail give or take maybe $30 from ARB stores. Some may charge for the right CB surround but be cheaper on the console, others might include it, but they have been around the $400 for the 2 years since I started looking up until when I brought mine a few months back.

While the others say they come with the old styl globes they can put LED lights in instead for a small extra cost. I looked into them very heavily as i have 3 radios, but as it turns out i didn't require one to install them all.

I have a new outback roof console i got for christmas waiting to be installed i hope i dont hit my head haha, but it gets my uhf out the way and put up top i think they are great!

One thing that is steering me towards the Outback console when I get one is they use LED lighting front and rear, the other ones I have seen are still normal globes. Small point but its a big one with me, :cheers!:

Heres a couple of the Outback one in Darrens ute, nicely made.

Hey mate, if you can, a couple of shots with the drop down lid open as I would want to try and hack into the side to fit another radio without buggering the drop down tray too much.

:cheers!:

The drop down tray is almost useless unless you like shit landing in your lap whenever you open it. If they have made it open the other way it would nearly have made the perfect hideway DVD screen mount but facing forward it's not far from useless.

My tray takes up the entire console from the LED lights to the rear mounts so fitting a second radio in there would mean pulling the tray out or modifying it so it didn't open, which wouldn't be a bad change.

The drop down tray is almost useless unless you like shit landing in your lap whenever you open it. If they have made it open the other way it would nearly have made the perfect hideway DVD screen mount but facing forward it's not far from useless.

My tray takes up the entire console from the LED lights to the rear mounts so fitting a second radio in there would mean pulling the tray out or modifying it so it didn't open, which wouldn't be a bad change.

yeah i dont really need the drop down tray as I want to slot in a radio on the drivers side smack where the drop down tray is

Check out the other mob (I'll think of them in a minute), their website might not have been updated for a while which makes them look a bit out of date but they have 2 and I think 3 radio consoles. Fitment would be the same just someone's done the work for you.

Check out the other mob (I'll think of them in a minute), their website might not have been updated for a while which makes them look a bit out of date but they have 2 and I think 3 radio consoles. Fitment would be the same just someone's done the work for you.

I've seen them and I dont like them.

Then you'd have to cut into the side of the console and through the tray sides. Tray obviously wouldn't open but it's the only way without leaving a big hole where the tray came from. Wouldn't be a hard job but it has the potential to look crappy if you stuff up the cut.

Hey guys...is the quality of the outback console as good as it looks on the brochure and worth the $$$$

Well to be honest I don't think any of them are worth the dollars, they are expensive but weigh that up against the time and effort of building you own and the cost becomes a little more reasonable.

As for quality I don't have a problem with the quality of the product, it's quite well built, when installed right it's not going to fall down and there is nothing hanging off it or anything like that.

I have a problem with the quality of their install instructions, I'm not even sure they used a D40 when they wrote the instructions for the D40 install but providing you have a brain and don't rush into it without a little bit of planning and hunting for the roof pillar it's an easy job.

Latest posts

Back