Overheating

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you using a coolant in your radiator or just water?

My car's coolant temperature regularly hits 104-105C when I'm climbing a hill. Because my radiator is full of coolant and not water, it's not a problem. Around town, my radiator rarely goes over 91C.

If your fan blades flex too much they might not draw air when it's most needed. The blades should be reasonably stiff.

Do you have anything mounted in front, like large driving lights? Is the front modified by bull bar?

Body lift you say.

Fan shroud still fitted ?

You have changed the airflow characteristics of the vehicle.

Sort the changes out and you will probably find it wont overheat.

Even a "Toyota" could have it happen.

I have no idea on the state of your cooling system without seeing it.

Completely left field.
Each late model machine I buy handbook say's the same thing. DON'T mix coolant brands. Local fella supplied a new radiator only a couple a months ago for my 94 pulsar. Also supplied coolant and VERY specific instructions on how and why to remove every drop of old coolant. They can react with each other and turn to GEL. Mmm, GEL in radiator, no flow. He say's very very common.

Body lift you say.

Fan shroud still fitted ?

You have changed the airflow characteristics of the vehicle.

Sort the changes out and you will probably find it wont overheat.

Even a "Toyota" could have it happen.

I have no idea on the state of your cooling system without seeing it.

Yes ı made body lift 2 inch (5 cm) ... Yes airflow changing, fan blades 2 inch dropped...Because radiator 2 inch up...:)

my friends and mechanic man this is not important for cooling...???

coolant same brand, ı put %30 coolant %70 water...

Yes I have winch, big lights, but ı put this equipments 2 years ago... this heating problem 1 months ???

DSC_4738.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC_4997.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC_4784.jpg

Nicely set up D22.

I have heard of GQ and GU Patrols overheating after bodylifts.

Under the radiator. Get some foam or something and fill in the gaps that weren't there before the body lift.

You wouldn't think it would make a difference. But it does as the air will go for the least residence. Which is thru the gaps and not thru the radiator.

Finally engine heating problem finished... I changed everything the last one radiator...problem is radiator...:) thanks everybody...

Back