Paint flaking off!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coppaknob

Reaction score
Hi there, new to the forum. Im up to my 5th Navara now all D40 in various forms, and I can honestly say, a virtually trouble free run, despite all of them kept till around the 200,000K mark! That is until I back traded to an earlier model after being made redundant......
I have what I see as a major issue with the paint (white) literally now peeling off in large sections around the windscreen, front of the roof, tops of the doors and bonnet. I can just grab a corner of the paint and start to peel it away.
I know first hand, others that have had the same issue and through reading, there has been lots of this issue reported world wide- though Nissan are not interested in paint and trim outside the warranty period....... I understand my vehicle is now 9 years old, though I think it is crazy that Nissan feel it is acceptable for paint to fall off a vehicle! Did not know we now class paint as a consumable item!
I know the original owner very well and also the vehicle from the day it left the showroom floor, never a crash, respray or had anything spilt on it- other then subject to normal environmental conditions. My vehicle is so bad now it is an embarrassment to drive.......For a Nissan lover that's hard to say!
Are there any others out there that have suffered from this problem?
Any help or feedback would be most appreciated

I had m MQ Patrol (1984) and had the roof and rear quarters do the same.
It's a Nissan thing that happened a lot back then.
Nissan won't have a bar of it.
The only remedy is to start stripping the entire panel and repaint.
It happened mostly when it was very humid with wet weather. The water would just get between the paint colour and the undercoat.

Latest posts

Back