Paradise Apartments

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in the 90's before the new jetty/car park was in you could stand on the waters edge and cast into the channel and 3 hours in the morning would yield a bag limit of pinkies and the rest of the day wouldn't be worth fishing. Things have changed these days. There is some monster eels up the north arm though.

that'd be nice....

we do have to put in the hours tho...

there was one xmas, 3 years ago over at Tyers that still is vivid in my mind...night time fishing with prawns and live crab...the biggest bream I have ever encountered and all hookups were within 3 to 4 meters from were we stood....lots of action after dark...lots of bust offs, tho enough fish for the table and some nice tough fishing...that was some of the best couple of nights ever.

The year the pinkies went off we'd be out on the water from about 10pm to 5am catching prawns, come home for a feed before day break then sit just off the channel at the end of first little island catching pinkies for about 3 hours then at 10am they just stopped biting so we'd go home for a sleep. We repeated that every day for 2 weeks. If Tyres could produce like that again we'd be there for sure.

The year the pinkies went off we'd be out on the water from about 10pm to 5am catching prawns, come home for a feed before day break then sit just off the channel at the end of first little island catching pinkies for about 3 hours then at 10am they just stopped biting so we'd go home for a sleep. We repeated that every day for 2 weeks. If Tyres could produce like that again we'd be there for sure.

Tyres probably cant produce that sort of ocean fishing yet. Dunno havent tried it in a wile. But there is a pub on the beach. :) Lake fishing is pretty good now. If you want fishing off the surf you gotta drive 20 mins to petmans where you will catch gummy and salmon. Plenty of bream and flathead in the lake. Although off bunga tonight aparently they were catching a bit. Never asked what. And for prawns you need a boat in the entrance at night on a full moon and you can catch them by the kilo in summer. When the tide is flowing out.

I like Pettmans it's usually nice and quiet, there is less weed and crabs and you can stay there for days without most people even knowing how to get there.

Not many tourists. Can always get a spot and take the dog. And camp there, they have full camp grounds now with toilet.

Another good spot is Long Point. Its lake fishing but always quiet.

Oh and with the prices. If you stay for a week in a two bedroom apartment its 80 dollars a night. I was only offering that price for a one night or two night. Longer you stay cheaper it is. Can always work something out to if you say your from here.

Its been a while since I was at Pettmans, I didn't know they had a dunny. We've only ever been there once and seen someone.

$80 still sounds alright to me.

Latest posts

Back