peoples d40's fuel consumption

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pov030

Reaction score
Hi all site newby, have just sold my ol gq and am lookin at buying either a d4o nav of some description def will be manual or considering a d22 str 3ltr, just wondering what fuel consumption everyone is gettin out of thier d40 weather man or auto as ive googled it and you get some conflicting results from years ago when they where new around 07-08 if you's could leave ya figures and configurations with diff accesories would be much appreciated cheers John

oh forgot too add im after desiel figures as thats what i wanna buy just got rid of a petrol guzzler lol

Probably best to do a search because if I contribute to another fuel consumption thread I will surely be chastised severely.

Oh & welcome to the forum.

gday and welcome to the forum,
Mate if you intend on towing get the auto, the manual has the dreaded dual mass flywheel.
They are notorious for failure in all makes of utes that run them, especially when towing.

Now for all the info you need on fuel economy, you only need to go to the D40 section of the forum and look in the D40 general section.

The economy thread has now been made a sticky.

Last edited:
thanks guys i did find it after i put the post up ha ha how bad are the dual mass fly's as i do a little bit of heavy towing once in a while tow a hq monaro full weight streeter too the track now and then it prob goes 1500-1600 kgs plus the weight of a car trailer
the d22 sounds too be a better buy from what im reading but anything is better than 300k's to 80ltrs lol

thanks guys i did find it after i put the post up ha ha how bad are the dual mass fly's as i do a little bit of heavy towing once in a while tow a hq monaro full weight streeter too the track now and then it prob goes 1500-1600 kgs plus the weight of a car trailer
the d22 sounds too be a better buy from what im reading but anything is better than 300k's to 80ltrs lol

Really, if you have a bit of a heavy foot and ride the clutch a little you could cause clutch failure without towing. The diesel doesn't need to be revved to take off - and perhaps Nissan were counting on that.

The auto is far better suited to towing, but if you MUST have a manual then you should consider adding the cost of removing the DMF and installing a single-mass flywheel.

How bad are they? We've had people in here complaining that after 30,000km the clutch is gone.

I have a manual and tow a box trailer prob a few times a fortnight, But i just towed my wifes Hilux back from Lithgow on monday which involved some major hills and was a total round trip of 350km.
The Nav handled it really well,,, BUT i would not like to do that all the time.

OH and my NAV has 60k on it and still the stock clutch, thats using it for my work ute every day and carrying my tools ladders and at times allot of roofing materials

8a870d36.jpg
[/IMG]

thanx again guys very informative, i don't mean too be rude but ha ha thats what we like too see a toyota behind a nissan on a trailer hope everyone was ok tho mate looks like it was bit of a bender !!!

thanx again guys very informative, i don't mean too be rude but ha ha thats what we like too see a toyota behind a nissan on a trailer hope everyone was ok tho mate looks like it was bit of a bender !!!

Its all good mate.

If you want check out the thread on what happened, there is another pic that you may enjoy.

Here is a link if you want to check it out.
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=13869

I have a manual and tow a box trailer prob a few times a fortnight, But i just towed my wifes Hilux back from Lithgow on monday which involved some major hills and was a total round trip of 350km.
The Nav handled it really well,,, BUT i would not like to do that all the time.

OH and my NAV has 60k on it and still the stock clutch, thats using it for my work ute every day and carrying my tools ladders and at times allot of roofing materials
How was the take off in your D40 while towing the lux Nath

How was the take off in your D40 while towing the lux Nath

Not to bad actually, BUT i was very mindful not to rev it too hard and ride the clutch any more then i needed to.

Having said that i was lucky and didnt have to many steep takeoffs.

If i had to tow a huge caravan on a extended holiday with the chance of allot more hill starts, i would be a little nervous thats for sure.

G'day pov030 - hot off the press figures for a trip I've just done through Vic and NSW, towing a heavy camper and kayak on the roof:
5,408km / 733 litres = $1139
= av. 7.37 km/L, or 13.6 L/100 km

Best was around 12L/100km (probably a lot of running around without the trailer), worst was close to 15L/100km (sitting around 110kmh and sneaking a bit higher at times). I get around11 L/100km around the city, usually.

cheers

Latest posts

Back