Performance Exhausts?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teadz

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am new to this forum so sorry if this topic has been approached before (as i am sure it has).

I have been looking at purchasing and exhaust for my d22 3.0ltr. I was wondering if anyone knew what the difference would be in performance if i was to get a system made up at my local exhaust place compared to the Redback performance systems for sale on ebay.

The system i have been looking at is the, 2.5" straight through with a small rear muffler and a high flow cat

Cheers Treadz

Wont be much performance difference unless you get a full mandrel bent system but it will cost allot more. I would suggest just going for a pre-fabed one.

I put a redback 2.5" system on my zd30 navara about 6 years ago, quality system, all mandrel bends, heavy straight thru muffler, fitted perfect, no signs of rust yet.
It was a cat-back system tho, (std dump and cat) but still made an improvement to low end power and increased boost about 1.5psi.
Have since fitted a dump-pipe and hi-flo cat, now it spools up much earlier and increased power all round, especially low end power.
The system you're looking at is a full system with dump-pipe and cat so i would say its definately worth looking at.
Also, do the egr/swirl mod too, you will be blown away with the improvement in torque virtually off idle as compared to standard.

Ps, i recommend fitting boost, and if you can afford it, pyro guages before you do anything, so you can visually see the improvement of your mods. You'll see that with exhaust and egr mod yr turbo will be spooling up like a champ from low rpm compare to the slug it was before.
cheers.

Back