Performance mods D40 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you guys enjoying the thread so far?

• YES

Votes: 159 93.5%
  • NO

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters
Mate this thread is awesome. Keep up the good work
Cheers for all the info on everything you have done. Will be interesting to see how she performs on the dyno

Mate this thread is awesome. Keep up the good work
Cheers for all the info on everything you have done. Will be interesting to see how she performs on the dyno

Thanks man, this forum has helped me out lots too but trial and error generally for me lol yeh once I get my funds up again ill have the dyno done I am really keen but always something comes up! Anyway thanks again man hope it helps

Here are the pics of the airbox, as you can see I cut the hole for the maf sensor with the dremel and used some self tap screws to fit it off.. You need some door jam seal or some rubber to seal it off.. I got some rubber I want to install between the maf and air pipe which is next on my list to do..I haven't had any issues with mine but ill need to tidy it up when I remove all the cooler piping and clean it out.. Never did that after I installed the catch can so that's long overdue.. But yeh basically it's water tight I used a plastic flange from supercheap to bolt to the snorkel outlet which comes with a rubber seal behind it.. You will get the idea once you start fiddling with it

the steel intake is it just one 3" 90 and a lilttle bit of pipe or is it just the bend?

ok so just spent the last hour reading this thread (AWESOME by the way) and have figured out its like a season of your favourite TV show, ups and downs, little twists and turns along the way that you weren't expecting and now just hanging out for the final episode.

THE TUNE.....

;)

Haha yeh well to add ti the story line my boost solinoide is buggered and need a new one im blowing heaps of black smoke because im not spooling correctly but i should have the tune done by the end of the year I just spent 8g on a solar system for my home! Ill get there eventually

Daminit, another main character dies!

not good man, sorry to hear. apart from the black smoke what other symptoms did you get that let you know that it was the solenoid?

Nice work on the solar for the house, am wanting to do the same but the Nav keeps getting in the way.

Ok so a quick update. . Changed the boost solinoide for a new one from nissan and no change but then noticed one of my silicon hoses was stuffed! So I replaced that which improved it heaps but im not boosting 22psi anymore. . Hitting 15psi max now and I think I have a boost leak somewhere else too! So todays mission after work is to remove all pipes and intercooler and check for leaks also vacuum lines too

Ok so I have figured out that its the actuator on the turbo its not moving freely.. I also picked up 550 stx stock suspension and replaced mine that were screwed.. the shocks didnt even come out after I pushed them in lol.. now I need to find out how to fix this problem now

Check all the vacuum lines from the actuator to the pump (which is over on the other side of the motor). You might do well to just replace them all to be sure.

Yeh you have a point mate might do that its all silicon hoses but I might change them anyway I have had them in there for a few years now

Latest posts

Back