Pipe Benders

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyen86

Reaction score
Hey guys,

What pipe benders are you using?

Seen on a few forums there are plans/drawings to make your own like in the photo. Has anyone made there own? or got drawings?

cheers Pete

Attachments

• M3 Bender Feature.jpg
    M3 Bender Feature.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 93
Hey mate. Yeah they arnt cheap. Would make one and just buy the die if I had the plans. Got a mate who can bend pipe for me but if I could make one for my own shed I would. Bit of a project.

What sort of pipe are you talking about.
That looks like a copper pipe system to me, but then I mangle water pipe normally and just use one of the basic one that has an old style hydraulic jack as the driver. Take it steady and liberal use of lpg blow torch helps. Earlier efforts in smaller stuff with thin wall (10mm diam, 1mm wall) were usually not that smooth, but it still worked okay.

What sort of pipe are you talking about.
That looks like a copper pipe system to me, but then I mangle water pipe normally and just use one of the basic one that has an old style hydraulic jack as the driver. Take it steady and liberal use of lpg blow torch helps. Earlier efforts in smaller stuff with thin wall (10mm diam, 1mm wall) were usually not that smooth, but it still worked okay.

Good morning.

Steel tube, probably max around 50 OD x 3.2 Wall or something. Bit of bar work is in mind for the Nav but also a mates Patrol eventually.

Heres a video of a guy using one, plenty more info on them out there. Better design to reduce deformation in the tube.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P1MBhBjiqI[/YT]

There are plans on the internet for them, but i can only find old links or plans for a smaller version. Pretty basic design, few laser cut plates and pins/bolts really.

Pete

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. Informative.
The only hard to fabricate bit would be the die. The rest looks to be basic plate/strap.
The hydraulic models only go to about 100 degree bend. the real problem is that you can not move the outer rollers.
The only way I know to prevent/reduce the distortion is to hard pack the tube with sand. Needs to be hard packed as just pouring it in doesn't work too well(BTDT).

On another tack, someone said they used a local exhaust shop to get some stuff bent. I don't know if that is an option. OTOH, the effort to get a tool is often worth it over the years.

I have the JD2 model 32 similar to photo. There are very good well built bender

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back