Plasti dipp'n wheels

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killswitch

Reaction score
If you don't know what plasti dip is, have a look on you tube.

image-584156936.jpg

image-2086938508.jpg

image-737305942.jpg

image-1884995242.jpg

image-3711593032.jpg

Even works on my brother in laws 30/06.

had a mate do his wheels recently as a trial before he does his entire car! seems like a great way to make a difference to the appearance of anything. added bonus that it just peels off if you don't like it!

i dont know how well it will hold up off road, i have taken some chinks out of my rims and scratched the face also in some big bog holes.

i did however plasti-dip my D40 Rear step to match my Black sports bar, i manage to scrape the corners of it all the time.... just clean it up and re-apply the plasti dip :)

Might do my sports bar next week after i mount the removable 4x spotties. thanks for the idea.

Nav looks sweet by the way. Where did you get that rack on the rear bar from?? did you design it your self???

A mate at work put me on to Plasti Dip, he’s going to do his whole car.
I’ll just see how it holds up on the wheels, but I’ve already got plans for parts of the dash and sports bar.

how durable is this stuff? my mate tried on a set of rims and a small scratch resulted in quite large pieces peeling off. almost like a skin.

Managed to do the rear bar, check out this thread and see what you think. Its quite forgiving stuff, i helped it dry with the heat gun (was in the snowy`s at the time) which allowed it to spread a little more even. i found where it would normally have run i hit it with the gun and it tightened and came up nicly. eventually ill just paint it matt black.
So now i may take a note out of your book KILLSWITCH and do the same as i have the same wear and tear.

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?p=252853#post252853

The sports bar looks good man. How many cans and coats did it take?

Cheers, was easier then expected even after a few cans, I just used one spray can, i even managed to do the brackets for the lights with the same can.

Back