Poly vs Rubber Bushes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flynndog

Reaction score
I have searched around but can't find a straight answer. What are your thoughts on the best options here? Should I replace with rubber or use poly?

I have heard poly can affect steering components due to hardness, but that doesn't sound right.

Nolathane have a mixed review also; although I once used them on my bombodore and they were good.

Thanks

Depends on the durometer rating, you can get bloody hard rubber and very soft Urethane.........By the way, Nolathane is only a brand, not a grade or type.

Personally, I have always preferred rubber in any vehicle that see gravel/dirt roads.

Last edited:
To my knowledge poly lasts longer, rubber may be a bit more comfortable but wears out quicker. I'd just go poly.

Understand Nolathene is a brand, but I they are fairly hard from what I remember and what people have said.

Suppose I'll just get poly and see how they go.

from what i have seen or should i say heard, poly tend to get a little noisy, defiantly more so than rubber especially if you go off road.

most 4x4 sites seam to recommend rubber. its soft and distorts without much damage giving good flex.
however for road use you want something a bit harder.
poly now comes in various hardness. unlike the old days when "nolathane" was the only brand and it was hard as. good for race car, lousy for 4x4.
now theres tons of brands and different grades. a standard or street grade would be fine.

only catch with poly is its tends to squeak, so make sure it gets lubed well and with the right lube.

Latest posts

Back