Pore Speling (Poor Spelling)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old.Tony said:
For those of you that found the image in the previous post too small to read, try this page.

It's definitely funny and oh so absolutely on topic.

Where the hell is bought / brought in that!?!?!

I mean how many times have you heard someone say they "brought" something from a shop? Or I bought this in to show you? Why the hell is this so hard to understand? It hasn't changed around.
When you buy something, you bought it.
When you bring something, you brought it! Sheesh!

What about the word use instead of you's (which in itself is probably wrong anyway). To be honest that doesn't really bug me but I notice Dave uses it a lot and just love to point out his short comings :sarcastic:

What really bugs me about web browser spell checking is that I'm too lazy to convert mine from pig english (american) to the real english so the stupid thing keeps telling me colour is spel(t)(led) wrong. Bloody computer knows I'm in Australia why can my web browser know the same thing without me telling it...so much for clever computers.

What really bugs me about web browser spell checking is that I'm too lazy to convert mine from pig english (american) to the real english so the stupid thing keeps telling me colour is spel(t)(led) wrong. Bloody computer knows I'm in Australia why can my web browser know the same thing without me telling it...so much for clever computers.

lol (had too) I have to agree, it is not that hard to do a spell check, but I know I make mistakes sometimes, but people should at least try to do a quick proof read.

What about the word use instead of you's (which in itself is probably wrong anyway).

so long as the KIWI's dont start confusing us with the EWES as well ...

I love this rant btw ...

I dont have the wonderful function of spell check whilst typing in the forum, but i sometimes copy/paste the text from here into word, do the typo adjustments and then copy/paste back into the forum

(didn't bother this time though - could'nt be stufed) :sarcastic:

Lots is noo, bin 5 dayz sinse I last sawed u an stirrd u up Im havin wifdrawls here coz u no bite bak.

Krafty I'm surprised you didn't pick up on the dyslexia issue - "dyslexia" is how a dyslexic person might read "dailysex", since both words have the same letters. Joke's done gone flat now, dint it?

I pikd up onit an trid 2 mak me own funni n if mi funni comed orf it woodn b flat at all

Lifes too short to get pissed about such things. Look i'm sure your brain is quite capable to reading misspelt words just as quickly as the correct ones in a sentence so just breathe a little slower and read the next post.

PS i didn't proofread this so once i hit the post button stiff shit :D

Yeah true enough, but the point about thread titles is valid, because it does make it easier to search if they're spelt correctly.

The fcat taht the hmuan mnid can raed wrods eevn if olny the frist and lsat ltteres are in the corrcet palce is amzaing.

But a computer is an extremely literal creation, so while you might raed "read", the computer makes no sense of it, so for thread titles I agree.

For the rest, you're right, we shouldn't demand Oxford-like spelling - just getting the message across is what matters.

Yeah but even a missing space and the odd wrong spelling is not the issue, it's when every second word is wrong that makes things hard to read, sure most people can add the odd missing letter or change some words but having to do it too all words makes it kind of hard to figure out which part of the problem the poster needs help with.

But the big issue really is when it comes to searching, there is not enough people that use the search function as it is the last thing we need is to discourage use even more by having a system that can't find things because people can't take two minutes and check their spelling

Latest posts

Back