Possible to run lift kit WITH spacers and shackles?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael10

Reaction score
Hi all just wondering whether it's possible/sensible to run a 2 inch suspension lift with also a 2inch spacer and shackle lift to achieve a total lift of 4 inches.
Currently the truck is fitted with just spacer and shackles.
Cheers

Not advisable. I run 15mm spacers on 2" lift and its still not great. Changing over to HD springs and struts. Probably wont give as much height but will ride better.

Go with a 2" lift and 2" body lift for your 4" lift.

I run a 50mm spring lift plus a 25mm spacer with after market uca's wich give's you about 90mm total lift and that's as far as you can go without doing a calmini diff drop , like cobez said 50mm plus body lift is the cheapest way to get your 4 inch's.

You can do anything :)

My advice is watch your CV angles,
I have 25mm spacers and shackles
and my cv's sit nice and level :)

You will want new upper control arms or a extended upper ball joints to make it useable offroad..the clunking of the upper arm on the strut tower gets old very quickly..at 100 mm lift the CVs are about maxed out..ive done 50000 on mine now with a 100mm lift and all is well..saying that at 75000 they 'might' crap out
For looks/time and cost go the bodylift for 4x4 ability its gets more expensive

Last edited:
I run a 50mm spring lift plus a 25mm spacer with after market uca's wich give's you about 90mm total lift and that's as far as you can go without doing a calmini diff drop , like cobez said 50mm plus body lift is the cheapest way to get your 4 inch's.

What Zetor said. I forgot to mention UCA's.

did you have to extend any brake lines?

Rear lines only..fronts are not neccesary.

sweet thanks. so if i replaced the ball joints with extended ball joints rather than replacing the upper control arms that'd still be okay?
and would it be able to take a 35mm strut spacer? i had a 35mm strut spacer and stock suspension in but since getting the new suspension i didnt put them in due to know one being able to give me a proper answer, or would i be better buying the 25mm kit? thanks

IF you have front wheel alignment to spare (thats a big IF) go for the ext ball joints and spacers.but you would want to be confident that your truck can handle another wheel alignment session after you lift it again...you can get offset bushes...which im sure work out to be more than $300 but then thats getting to uca pricing with the balljoints..dont forget if you want the rears to flex you will need some LONG Rear shocks to allow this..that doesnt include 50mm lift compatable shocks..as they arnt long enough.

IF you have front wheel alignment to spare (thats a big IF) go for the ext ball joints and spacers.but you would want to be confident that your truck can handle another wheel alignment session after you lift it again...you can get offset bushes...which im sure work out to be more than $300 but then thats getting to uca pricing with the balljoints..dont forget if you want the rears to flex you will need some LONG Rear shocks to allow this..that doesnt include 50mm lift compatable shocks..as they arnt long enough.

Thanks mate, i have the adjustable control arm bushes in the lower control arms already so its only a matter of finding out how much alignment is left.

thanks again.

Excellent work..your all set!!!! Pics when your done are also required😊.by the way how much were they inc fitting

Latest posts

Back