Potential Suspension Drama - Time for an upgrade?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGentleman

Reaction score
Afternoon All,

I'm in the process of moving and have my 2003 Dual Cab ST-R (Steel Tray) absolutely chockers. I purchased the vehicle second hand in January and it came with an OME suspension already fitted to it. The previous owner claimed 30mm lift at the front and 50mm to the rear, but I have no way of quantitatively checking it.

Having looked at the suspension upon reaching my first stop on the trip (Canberra to Adelaide), I've noticed that the leaf pack is pretty well flat and I'm a little worried that I may well have over done it.

Is this something that I can upgrade, or should I be offloading some of my stuff? Also, can anyone tell me if OME Nitros provide up to a 2" lift as that is something I would want to do if this isn't already being achieved.

Thank you.

Having looked at the suspension upon reaching my first stop on the trip (Canberra to Adelaide), I've noticed that the leaf pack is pretty well flat and I'm a little worried that I may well have over done it.

Flat springs aren't a big deal. Especially when you're loaded. You can sit on the bumpstops with a heavy enough load and still drive it, that's what they're made for.

Is this something that I can upgrade, or should I be offloading some of my stuff? Also, can anyone tell me if OME Nitros provide up to a 2" lift as that is something I would want to do if this isn't already being achieved.

Remember that lift doesn't necessarily equal a harder spring. Spring rate and load rate are two different things and you can have a big lift with soft springs if you get them done custom. Or no lift, and mega hard springs. I wouldn't go racing out to get harder springs, unless you're loaded to the hilt very often, or your ride when unloaded will be unbearable.

Latest posts

Back