power loss. 2011 d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braeden

Reaction score
Hi everyone some help would be good

After driving my mates 2012 d22 it has made me think his goes better.
Both are standard except mine has the egr blank.
His d22 seems like when it hits boost it is smoother, quicker and
the turbo noise is louder.
I can barely hear a whistle at all.
I have only done 40000kms and his has done 21000

Maybe Im just being paranoid but some ideas would be good.

I don't know if it applies to diesels but with my previous involvement in race cars, there's an old saying - run them in slow and they stay slow. Run them in fast and they stay fast.

Meaning if you "babied it" when running it in, and he drove his a bit harder, it could explain the difference, but equally so could tolerances and engine build in the factory.

1310-71, totally agree with that saying. Have had a heap of performance cars and I believe you should run them in how you intend to drive them. If they break in the run-in period, it was never built strong enough in the first place.
T54

mmm i think the computer of your D22 has "learned" your drive style. all ECUs modify the ratio between air/fuel, of course that changes the response of the motor.

i noticed this when i drove from sea level to 5000 meter over sea in one weekend. when i came back to sea level, the motor was still responding if it was at 5000 meter, so was pretty fast. After some days the motor returned to the normal response.

try to drive bit harder and you will see a change in the response of your nav.

greetings

Cheers guys. it does make sense I do baby her a bit.
When I was driving his we were in omeo so maybe the cold
air and altitude had something to do with it also.

Maybe a bit more right foot from now on :rock:

Cheers guys. it does make sense I do baby her a bit.
When I was driving his we were in omeo so maybe the cold
air and altitude had something to do with it also.

Maybe a bit more right foot from now on :rock:

You could do an ECU reset as per this post - the ECU does modify its fuel map based on your driving habits. Do the reset and THEN change your driving style, otherwise it will take the ECU a little time to catch up.

on the scangauge nothing changed between the 3 of us with the same despite how we drive all the same car and close to kms. we all get the same results re power and fuel despite how we drive.

My results on the dyno showed no change over 2 wks before and after the exhaust and chip despite how hard i drove or putted nothing changed for my mate in stock form but how does the ecu provide more grunt if you drive hard or easy we proved it made no change regardless sorry i call bullshit.

Nissan themselves do the reset because of the fuel map learning, the ESM documents it and the feedback in the past here from resets has been positive. Maybe it takes time?

I'm in reading the D40 manual looking for specific information about the suction control valve on the fuel pump and I ran into page 1013 of the ESM's "EC" section - it's titled "Fuel Pump Learning Value Clearing".

It's entirely possible that the D22s don't do that at all, but I'll check my (rather old) D22 ESM in a bit and see what I can find.

It is possible that the entire procedure is bunkum too - wouldn't be the first time we'd seen snake oil sold by a "reputable dealer".

Timing is not as critical with this method...no stop watch needed. Just count in your head...one-one thousand, two-one thousand, etc, or use stop watch. The most critical step is step #3....wait 10 sec, instead of 7.

1. Ignition "ON", count to 3.
2. Depress/Release pedal 5 times...hard and fast.
3. Count to 10 (not 7!) and fully depress pedal
4. Count to 12 (SES should be blinking), release pedal
5. Count to 10, depress pedal
6. Count to 10, release pedal.
7. Turn off ignition, then start engine. Done!

which pedal?? brake or accel

Latest posts

Back