Power

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a similar problem with my D22 about a year and a half ago, only just got around to fixing it a few months ago when i bought the car off my old man, this is a post i made on another forum regarding the issue:

Dad has an 05 Nissan Navara D22 3L Turbo Diesel (ZD30 Motor) which we have recently found is lacking the power that it used to have, probably a 10-15% loss of power.

He has;
Changed the fuel filter.
Checked fuel lines.
Removed the fuel tank and made sure there was no debris in it.
Checked the stem pipes and made sure they are clear.
Changed fuel hose clamps and made sure it isn't sucking air.

There are also no dashboard warning lights and no error codes when plugged into the computer.

Spent a couple of hours on here last night having a read but the results i came across didn't match our problem.

Any help appreciated. :)

Following this I :

- Removed the cat completely.
- Did the EGR blanking mod (available on this site somewhere)

Eventually for me, it was the Neutral Position Switch, after i did the heat switch test, with the revs dropping in 3rd and 4th gear.

However from reading the previous posts, it looks like you have tried that, so maybe one of the other options I stated above.

I was quoted by Moruya Nissan $65 from memory mate.

Pretty simple to replace
- remove centre console
- rip up a little bit of insulation
- remove water proofing seal

I then replaced the switch from underneath, getting on both top and bottom to get better leverage with the spanner.

Reverse order to put it back together.

Navara net Reference

Navara Asia Reference

for some reason i couldn't get the metal bit (the correct term slips my mind at the moment) out of the way without lifting the carpet, so i removed the rubber water proofing seal from in-between the metal and got down in that way, it'll become more apparent when you get to it. Its bloody sharp too.

You don't need to replace it if you couldn't be bothered, just unplug it.

Alright cheers guys. I'll disconnect it this arv.

How'd ya go mate? make any difference? When i disconnected mine i couldnt believe the difference it made for driving up hills! No longer had to drop back to 4th and think about 3rd on the range, could just leave it in 5th and cruise up!

Still haven't gotten around to it to be honest. Access from the top or underneath?

I jumped on my back and had a really quick look the other day but it was raining and I didn't stick around when I saw about 3 plugs.

Drivers side of the box, two wires?

Seemed to do the trick guys.

Went to the beach over the weekend, full car of gear and mates, it still dropped but nowhere near as badly, down to about 90ish instead of 80, on the flats I noticed I was creeping up a lot faster. Had to be more mindful of my speed.

Latest posts

Back