Pressure Gauges

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a repco tyre guage I think, and have one of the arb ones (free with my bullbar) to deflate the tyres.

I do love my 4wd magazines and DVD's but am sick to death with them teling us what great new products they are sponsored by this week. Even the comparo's are a load of shit because no one has the balls to say a product is crap, nor have they got the balls to tell us what is actually the best because they are usually sponsored by the other brands.

A true comparo would be handing around a product to a few of us to use and abuse and give a totally unbiased opinion. C'mon ARB etc, give us a go!

I use a repco tyre guage I think, and have one of the arb ones (free with my bullbar) to deflate the tyres.

I do love my 4wd magazines and DVD's but am sick to death with them teling us what great new products they are sponsored by this week. Even the comparo's are a load of shit because no one has the balls to say a product is crap, nor have they got the balls to tell us what is actually the best because they are usually sponsored by the other brands.

A true comparo would be handing around a product to a few of us to use and abuse and give a totally unbiased opinion. C'mon ARB etc, give us a go!

The one thing I really liked about last weeks MR4X4 show was that he asked some magazine reviewer who just happened to be on the same beach what he thought of the new X-Trail he was testing and the reviewer said it was brilliant. I don't wish to get into an argument as to whether he's right or wrong but when a show that is sponsored by Nissan just happens upon a reviewer driving a different model Nissan do they really expect us to believe the review was as honest as it could be.

Computer magazines would review a product and invariably there'd be a large advertisement for that product placed conspiciously nearby. The review itself was done partly because the product was offered up for a look, partly because there was interest in the product, and partly because the reviewer was getting a freeby.

The reviews were generally quite favourable, because to do otherwise meant the withdrawal of the advertising dollar.

There is no doubt about it reviews are done because items are given to the reviewer free of charge to test. I know in the computer industry the mags just put out the request and the companies who want to take part do and that does make for some biased reviews although I have read some really bad ones as well.

In some ways it's like resume's if you ever got a bad reference for your resume when you were looking for a job you wouldn't use it in case the prospective employer agreed with it, the only real difference is no one pays you to put their reference in your resume.

Latest posts

Back