Printer copy fax

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjohn

Reaction score
Inkjet or toner system? I will mainly use it for printing business flyer's, letters, etc.
I was thinking the toner print may be more stable in damp letter boxes?
Looking at the HP 6500Aplus The black cartridge does 1000 A4's $50. $177 @ JB atm. plus 50% off ink cartridges if purchased at the same time.
Any advice????

If you're putting it in letterboxes it has to be lasered. Ink will run, especially if it's a business card that's sitting in the Managing Director's pocket as he's walking back to the clubhouse in the pouring rain. Now you get to buy that man a new $$$ shirt.

Good stuff. I don't wana be buying shirts as well.
Had an Idea you were the man to ask.
cheers.
By the way, you still gettin joy outa that balloon ride you surprised the lady with?

Life is always a joy, but I haven't actually drawn on the mileage from the balloon ride. I've stored that one in my karma box.

Been working on the inside of the caravan making it more joyful for her, finished painting the walls and roof, bought the new curtains, fitting the child-proof locks and will hopefully have the new reading lights by the weekend. More for the karma box, I'll take a little out one day and enjoy it.

I'm sure you have more stored than you could use.
Inspired me.
Thanks again.

Inkjet or toner system? I will mainly use it for printing business flyer's, letters, etc.
I was thinking the toner print may be more stable in damp letter boxes?
Looking at the HP 6500Aplus The black cartridge does 1000 A4's $50. $177 @ JB atm. plus 50% off ink cartridges if purchased at the same time.
Any advice????

If the toner is only good for $1000 I'd definitely be looking at a different brand. Although it's a $1000 (retail) printer my Brother black toner is good for 5000 pages at $130 a toner and 4000 colour pages per colour toner at $188 a pop.

As far as I'm concerned HP do make good equipment, their return and repair process is crap (and that comes from a service agent god knows how they treat the general public) but their ongong costs are substantially higher in the long term than any other brand.

I'd shop around.

I have a Brother MFC-82370DN.

Well worth the money.

Laser all the way.

Around $180 for a toner, but is said to be good for 8000 pages.

Ended up finding a xerox M205b Laser/copy/scan, at Hardly Normal for $148, had a look on line at reviews and found it for $92. Rang Gerry's elf and they matched it. + $20 for 2yr replacement warranty. Can get 3x2200 page toners online for $154

Last edited:
Back