Project cars besides the Nav ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

Anyone got another vehicle there doing up.

There is a 1950's old Ford or Holden, I drive past here and there between Wollombi and Broke. A few km's past Paynes Crossing.

Would love to see it done up, but Id be kidding myself to find time.

I know what you mean about the time, I haven't got the time to use the toys I have got now.

Id love to do up a motorbike next.

yea iv got my d40 as my tourer, got a dirtbike for fun and am currently building up a gq lwb.
gq should be on the road engineered with a injected 5litre in about 1.5yrs i reckon

Got pics of the GQ ?

If I was gonna do anything up, it would be getting a EFI engine. I hate carby's.

Would love to do up a VS Commodore ute, drop a VG30DETT into it.

not much too look at atm so no pics as yet but will be starting a build thread one things start moving along, has a rd28 in it at the moment with a blown head so im ripping that out and will be putting in a inject 5ltr from a vn ss, once thats all done and on the road ill be chopping it into a styleside ute with a bobbed tail keeping the factory series2 taillights. all the plans are in my head. its only a project that i will be doing with spare cash so its gonna take some time but ill be doing all the work myself to save heaps of coin

hmmm projects. i would liek to do some sort of solid axle 4wd as a play toy. maybe a shorty gq or even a suzuki sierra or if it were IFS again it would have ot be an old courier or bravo or d21. on the non 4wd side id like to build a toyota supra twin turbo from ground up or a nissan 200SX s15. or just completely out of my stretch and put a s15 or rotary motor in a datsun 120 ute.

i have a friends who is putting a 200sx motor into a old 323 and shit is it gonna be a weapon.

I am a bit of a car nut.

in 2007, I bought a VL Brock commodore Sport that was a HDT development Car. Quite rare and Since have spent a few years researching it's history and returning it to original as it left HDT.

Latest project is an 86 BMW 635CSI. Nice original Australian delivery, Very good body and trim for it's age but needs plenty of Suspension,Brakes,Steering etc repairs.

Keeps me interested.

Greg

Attachments

• 635CSI 1.jpg
    635CSI 1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 4183 Jan 10 001.jpg
    4183 Jan 10 001.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 107
I have four Renaults (R8's, R10 and R5) at present. I've had a few other R8's and R10's and a Mini previously as well as raced a variety of Datsun sports sedans in the past. Also have a Triumph Daytona that rarely makes it out of the shed.

KB

I've got a Lada Niva that we're building into a autokhana style racer!

Not many pics yet but it's good for a laugh

I neally have my 88 F150 finished.450 hp on gas research. New auto,new 9 inch,new brakes and suspension all round,late model interior.I have just painted it.i have turned it into a Harley Davidson edition.

got a 1963 ford compact fairlane last model with fins runs a mild 302 windsor
c4 trans 9 inch kids and missus love cruzin

got a 1963 ford compact fairlane last model with fins runs a mild 302 windsor
c4 trans 9 inch kids and missus love cruzin

Nice ! I had one of them in 1982 . 289 windsor 8 :3/4 diff
Used it in a smash up derby . What a doap :sad:

I have a 1972 MGB mk11

complete basket case ! Haven't touched it in 5 years

groovy, got a 69 mkII gonzo. me pa and i had it fully restored a few yrs back. love it! the old fella has a td mg that he is restoring now.

I am a bit of a car nut.

in 2007, I bought a VL Brock commodore Sport that was a HDT development Car. Quite rare and Since have spent a few years researching it's history and returning it to original as it left HDT.

Latest project is an 86 BMW 635CSI. Nice original Australian delivery, Very good body and trim for it's age but needs plenty of Suspension,Brakes,Steering etc repairs.

Keeps me interested.

Greg

A guy I know has a SLR5000 and a VK Group 3. The blue Brock one.

That Torry goes alright.

1310, your names not Adam is it ?

I know a guy with a 90 Celica he reckons when it's done up it will be worth $50K Mind you he also reckons his Trol on gas with bald tyres is the best 4wd in the world so he might have a few delusions.

I've got an X-Terra I'm going to do up in a few months, only it's a bit different to everyone elses because it's only about 12 inches long and runs on batteries but I like to keep the costs down so this is ideal :ha:

A ST162 worth 50 grand. Lol.

Whats he doing to it ?

I was think WTF when you said X-Terra. Not available out here.

He's restoring it, it's not in bad shape but typical of a 20 year old car it needs work, some of which I think he might be capable of but much of it I think not. So what will happen is he will do what he can do, put it back together and drive it until it falls apart all the time convincing himself it's a classic. It would be a nice project car to play around with but I think it's wasted on him, he couldn't even figure out how to stop the Trol running on gas to take it back to full time petrol so I can't see the Silly Car getting much done to it.

I've got a special X-Terra, I'm not even sure this one has a Nissan badge on it but they managed to get the X-Terra Sticker on the windscreen. Got a mate with RC's and we are going to play around and make a monster truck out of it. Not sure what will happen yet but it's one of those ideas that was formulated over a few beers.

Latest posts

Back