Propane Z24 D21 challenge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone got any suggestions as to where I go with my gas addiction? A mate challenged me to get 1000km between fills running a Z24 on gas. So far I've discovered 100% propane rather than LPG, am upgrading my '93 spaghetti system to something modern, running twin 80l tanks, Hi-Tech headers w/ straight through 2" system and an electronic distributor.

This will all go in over the next couple of months, I'm buggered if I know what sort of gas carb or similar I should be bolting on. Has anyone any suggestions, insight or experience down the LPG road? Comp ratios, ignition timing, gaps, CFM, cams, neons (just checking, ha ha), etc?

C'mon, throw a few ideas at me, open up the discussion a bit. It's all Diesol this, diesol that, turbo, injectors, D40, c'monnnnnnn...? Propane is rad to the power of sick!

You can lift compression ratio, propane has a higher RON.

A more modern gas system? Can't fit liquid injection unless you add a crank angle sensor and O2 sensor to the car for n-alpha-lambda gas tuning, and that isn't easy. Or swap to a KA24E and then fit the liquid injection. There are better gas carbs but they're no more modern. You can get info on these from any forum for any car that talks about LPG.

Latest posts

Back