QD32 Aircon Compressor Bearing - Same as ZD30 etc?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeedMoreBoost

Reaction score
Hey all,

First post here. I made a post in the Noobs section but the internet/Tapatalk appears to have eaten it...

I have what sounds like the AC compressor bearing on the way out on my QD32.

I have searched the forum via google (so not very well) and found a few threads that refer a part number and the fact they are the same as the VS 5 litre bearing. Only issue with this is they seem to be talking about ZD30s and all the pics have a serpentine belt - mine doesn't. So my question is; is the AC compressor the same (and hence the same bearing) on a QD32?

I rang and spoke to Nissan asking about the bearing however they said you can only buy the clutch separately from them. The whole compressor is ~$1500 - screw that.

Any help appreciated

Cheers,

Andy

Don't expect to help the OP with this now but it might help someone in future

I've just had to replace the bearing in the ac pulley on the qd32. It's the same bearing number (35bd219duk or new # 35bd219t12vvcg33), and the same process as replacing on the zd30's (remove clutch cover > circlip > pulley > remove bearing > replace)

If you're unlucky like me though the clutch and pulley will be so seized on there that they get distorted when pulling them off. And you can't seem to get a replacement for the qd32 like the others.
I took a chance and ordered a td42/tb45 replacement from patrolapart and can confirm it fits (well at least for me). The pulley is a little different as it's only a single not a double groove but it still aligns just fine. You do need to replace the whole lot including the electromagnet but it all bolts up even using the same wiring plug. I did have to use extra washers to get the clutch spacing right.

Attachments

• IMG_3611.jpg
    IMG_3611.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3634.jpg
    IMG_3634.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3643.jpg
    IMG_3643.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3644.jpg
    IMG_3644.jpg