qd32 brake problems. master cylider?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gekko

Reaction score
i have d22 QD32 dual cab. brakes were horrible when i brought it. deep grooves in rotors, only about 5mm if that of meat on the front pads, rear shoes almost non existant, and hand brake doesnt work at all. i've now replaced front rotors and pads, rear cylinders and shoes, rear half of handbrake cable and got front half of handbrake cable cut 30mm shorter. my issue now... i still have absolutly no handbrake, (which i think is just a adjustment issue in the drum). and when i press the brake peddle, it pulls the truck up but slowly. if i pump the brake peddle twice or 3 times it pulls it up a bit quicker, but still not good, will not lock up. any ideas on what the problem could be. i'm thinking master cylinder, but a new repco one is rediculous in price. was wondering if its maybe the same master cylinder as a d21, or the zd30 so i can get a second had one from local wreckers. they look the same from the outside, but are they the same inside? any insite greatly appreciated

Ive sort of got the same issue. Replaced my rear shoes a few weeks ago and still cant get the handbrake to work. The pedal feels great under my foot so I know ive adjusted the shoes correctly. The handbrake cable adjuster is tightened up all the way. But still no handbrake. Next stop is a brakes shop.

Ive sort of got the same issue. Replaced my rear shoes a few weeks ago and still cant get the handbrake to work. The pedal feels great under my foot so I know ive adjusted the shoes correctly. The handbrake cable adjuster is tightened up all the way. But still no handbrake. Next stop is a brakes shop.

yeh sounds like it. let me know what they say. i cant take mine anywhere atm got the airintake and rocker cover off coz of snapped rocker cover bolts. it was pissing out oil so i have to try easy out the bolt studs.

does anyone know if the master cylinders in either zd30 or td27 are the same as in the qd32? coz thats what i can get hold of from the local wreckers.

Go throught the service manual. Should show all types of master cylinders.

Have use bled the load proportioning valve ?

Go throught the service manual. Should show all types of master cylinders.

Have use bled the load proportioning valve ?

that wont fix the handbrake tho will it? coz the handbrake is the cable?. will it maybe fix the soft pedal?

Just for everyone's knowledge. I've found out that the qd32 and zd30 brake master cylinders are the same apart from qd32 have BM44 Brake master cylinder which is 15/16" bore size. And zd30 has BM50 brake master cylinder which is 1" bore. Therefore changing braking forces and requires engineer certificate.

But I had a mate look at his v6 d21 terrano and he said that it is the same bore size bm44 but I haven't seen it to know if it IS the same.

Latest posts

Back