Qd32 egt

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brendo

Reaction score
Hi guys I am buying a egt gauge for my qd32 that has been turboed just wondering where I should get the hole drilled to fit it.and what sort of temps it should be running at I have already uped the boost from 8 psi to 10 but don't want to go any higher until I get the gauge fitted

With any diesel you have two options
1) in the exhaust manifold, usually directly off a cylinder output
2) in the turbo dump pipe, usually about 5 to 10cm from the exhaust wheel.

My QD has a TD27t exhaust manifold. in the manifold it has a provision for the egt return. I have removed this and made a plate to hold the EGT probe.

yeah, I'd go around 10cm from the exhaust flange on the dump. I think 485°c was the magic number that no one liked to exceed.

I've always heard max 550 c in the dump pipe, that was supposed to be the magic number for any diesel engine.... It is different now with variable turbos, etc, but I still work on that temp for the standard wastegated turbos...

Thanks guys just waiting on the gauge to turn up order it the other day can't wIt to see what it runs at and whether I can put the boost up a bit more or leave it where it is

If you turn the boost up without adjusting the fuel screw on the pump you will decrease egts. The main issue you will have is breaking stuff from too much boost. Although, I wouldn't go too far above 10psi without an intercooler......

The problem is, over 10psi the air temp increases considerably, but you could probably fit a water/meth injection system instead...

Ok I'm not to sure what that is or hoe it work the problem I have it that there is only about 30cm or less between the turbo and the intake manifold so I would need two u bends to be able to put a cooler in if there is a buff room anyway so depending on how the other thing work and how much it might be the good

If you bash water/method injection into Google you will learn all about it. It is just another way to cool the air coming out of the turbo. One of the guys on here who turboed his qd32 did put an intercooler on it, but I can't remember who it was now...

Latest posts

Back