Qd32 rebuild

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brendo

Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering if anyone has put rings and Pistons in a qd32 while the block is still in the car by removing the sump and doing it from under neath

I'd be taking it out mate, least you know you will get it all right first time if you do everything properly and will be able to see what's going on since it'll be all out in front of you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Working below Decks

Hi Brendo, Yes it can be done, I have done it myself on a "Leyland Hippo", but
I hated laying on the cold concrete, and my Back Ached for everyday I was under Her, and I burn't my Overalls when I completed the job rather then try cleaning them!

regards,
highway man!:deadhorse2:

Thanks guy I will just have to see what happens when the time comes if I have the time I would pull it out but if it has to be a quick turn around because of work it might have to be a leave in

In or Out, that is the question!

Brendo Good Morning,

In that case I would lift the Motor out to do the job, Too crowded under there,
and while you are going this far you might consider the ease you can do the Rings without breakage, and what about the Honing of the Top Ridge in each cylinder, I
would certainly reconsider your plan of attack!

Besides, If It Is still cold outside when you do this, you can stay Warmer by doing it on the Kitchen Table and watching "Days of our Lives" as "Old Tony" does, I will
always watch "Hopalong Cassidy" when it's bloody cold outside!

Regards,
highway man!:popcorn1:

Yeah I see your point it would make it easier I dint think that days of our lives was on anymore but I'm not home through the days so don't know I could ask my gran she used to watch it

Brendo Good Morning,

In that case I would lift the Motor out to do the job, Too crowded under there,
and while you are going this far you might consider the ease you can do the Rings without breakage, and what about the Honing of the Top Ridge in each cylinder, I
would certainly reconsider your plan of attack!

Besides, If It Is still cold outside when you do this, you can stay Warmer by doing it on the Kitchen Table and watching "Days of our Lives" as "Old Tony" does, I will
always watch "Hopalong Cassidy" when it's bloody cold outside!

Regards,
highway man!:popcorn1:

Old Tony has more on his plate than watching days of our life.

Latest posts

Back