Question about the Radflo coilovers?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navbag

Reaction score
Gday guys, just wondering about these radflo coilovers I have put in that I got from PRG. They are topping out all the time on the road. I have them set to approx. about 3" of lift. And I ordered the advanced kit so I could have the 3" lift in.
I read on the website that they could have an internal spacer but the advanced kit is meant to have longer coilovers and shouldn't have this spacer to achieve the 3" of lift.
Can anyone help me out as Greg from PRG is useless at replying to emails unless you say you want to give him money(buy something)

Does anyone have a measurement or something I can compare?
And if I drop the coilovers any lower it wont be sitting anywhere near level.

THIS IS FROM PRG WEBSITE ON THE COILOVERS IF BOUGHT SEPARATELY
Can I run these with PRG or SPC arms? sure, but you will not see the benefit of more travel unless 1) you send the coilovers back to us to be modified and the internal spacer removed to make the longer. or 2) we have a custom machined spacer (NOT a leveling kit) that will get you the extra ride height but no more wheel travel.

Thanks in advance

Okay Greg got back to me which is surprising and has said if I jack the front of the truck up the droop pad on the uca's should hit the spring tower if there is a 15mm gap I have the spacer in.
Which there is a gap.
Now who could I get to remove this as I'm not going to send back to the states. Anyone know of a shop in the Ipswich-Brisbane area?

Hi NavBag
Greg is somewhat of a busy guy so wouldnt pick on him too much of he is slow getting back to you
If you have issues with the Radflos you can always contact Glenn at Radflo for answers.http://www.radflo.com/moto/default
Snake racing now appears to be a Radflo agent but they are in NSW.
The gap Greg would be talking about is the gap between your Coil Bucket and your UCA.I dare say the droop pad Greg is talking about is the bump stop type deal that are on the PRG UCA to stop coil bucket contact.
productimage-picture-prg_frontier_upper_control_arms-3985_t366.jpg

Does your UCA hit the coil bucket on full droop?

Yeah I bought the advanced coilover kit so I have the prg uca's and with the truck jacked up there is roughly a 15mm gap. So I think I have been given the wrong coilovers for the kit I ordered. Which is upsetting

I have a reply from simon from snake racing and he informs me a d40 can not be lifted 3" in height and that there is no spacer inside the strut.

Guess I'll shoot Glenn an email thanks for the reply

Awesome, hopefully get everything sorted going to Fraser next weekend to give the new suspension a test out.

I worked with both Greg and Glenn a few years ago sorting out the front end on my truck. I now have 500lb front springs so that under braking the front dives to give better turn in.
Both guys are really great to work with and are extremely knowledgeable when it comes to suspension .

Simon from snake racing seems to think that my cv's and steering would be maxed out at 3" lift and has seen plenty of failures from this type of setup.
Little bit worrying anyone else have a 3" lift in there d40's on this forum?

There are a few of us on here with 4"lifts with thai and spain built trucks...no problems so far 10ºcv angle and steering is good.sway bar looks nasty but no contact

Glenn from radflos emailed back just gotta send him a couple of pictures and he'll be able to tell if the coilovers have a spacer inside them.
Would be worrying about snake racing the bloke doesn't seem to know enough.

Received an email back from Glenn and informs me that my coilovers have no internal spacer that can be removed and my only options are to get Greg from PRG to exchange them or spacers which I dont want spacers due to the legalities.

I did initially ask for a kit that would give me 3" of lift.
So I've sent an email to Greg so see what happens there.

Hope you get it all fixed up mate, bit worried now was about to order a set of the Radflo coilovers to suit the calmini kit I just ordered.

I'll let you know the results, but Greg probably will take a week or so to reply depends how busy he is.

Hey navbag not sure where your located but here in S.A spacers are legal... according to the book spacers are allowed above or below the spring.no mention on materials tho.

I have the same kit. If you have 15mm gap that is all the droop your gonna get. I have mine set so there's about a 1" gap between bump stop and coil bucket. You don't have an internal bumpstop to allow for extra droop that the prg uca allows. If your getting noise then that's the uca bumpstop. Sounds quite loud but when you look at the contact patch on the coil bucket it's minimal. I suggest crankin em down a little.

i'd measure your ride height from bottom of the rim to the guard in the car's normal stance on level ground. then jack the car up under the crossmember and measure the droop you're getting. you may get 3" lift from the coilover but the spring may be under too much preload and you're not getting sufficient droop. that happened with my 5100's and 40mm over coils. i dropped them down a clip on Monday and I get much less topping out now. if you have PRG UCA's, you shouldn't be getting any coil bucket contact, otherwise they're a waste of money. two things you want from a set of UCA"s is coil bucket clearance and more castor & camber adjustment, if you don't get both, they aren't good enough IMO

Thanks guys, yeah ill measure the droop i get tomorrow but might have to wind down for fraser island and maybe a spacer just to have the truck sitting close to level. I bought the kit thinking that it would sit level but it definitely does not. Where can i get a spacer from? Just need one tomorrow, I can put it in but will just need one in my hands tomorrow.

Putting spacers in will give you the same result except you will have to crank down the coilovers giving you the same height with less preload on the springs. It wont give you any more travel. The kit is designed to give you max lift and max down travel without affecting your cvs. Do you just have the AALs in the back. If so you should be sitting level. Mine was level to measure but actually looked like it was squatting in the back hence why I added the adjustable shackles set on 1". Because of the design of the D40 IFS youll always get coil bucket contact with more than 2" of lift. Thats why Greg designed his uppers with a bumpstop to prevent too much down travel and keep you from grenading your cvs. The SPC uca doesnt have a built in bumpstop so you would need a strut with an internal stop to prevent too much droop. Personally Id prefer the bump on the arm.

Latest posts

Back