Question on Morimoto Headlights upgrade on D40 Thai built

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apalmer

Reaction score
Hi, new here. Own a 2014 D40 (VIN MNTCCUD40Z0602330) and wanted to check if anyone here successfully installed Morimoto headlights on a Thai D40. I am thinking of buying the following but hesitant on fit.

Link: https://www.morimotohid.com/frontier-09-20-morimoto-xb-hybrid-headlights?quantity=1

My D40
20191229_072353.jpg

Thanks!

That does look good. What are your reasons for hesitating? Sounds as if you are doing a lot of careful checking it out.

That does look good. What are your reasons for hesitating? Sounds as if you are doing a lot of careful checking it out.
Hi, and thanks for tge response. I am just wanting to ensure they will fit as I see people online mentioning a D40 facelift after a certain year and while my D40 is from 2014 which would mean it is the nee facelift version I am hesitant because it is Thai built and might not be the same specs or shape as say a Frontier built in Spain or maybe Americas.

Gday!
Assuming you are in Australia, keep in mind these lights are likely for right hand drive vehicles meaning the beam will lift up into oncoming traffic instead of to the left off the road.
Also keep in mind they won’t be street legal - but that doesn’t worry most people 🤔😂

Gday!
Assuming you are in Australia, keep in mind these lights are likely for right hand drive vehicles meaning the beam will lift up into oncoming traffic instead of to the left off the road.
Also keep in mind they won’t be street legal - but that doesn’t worry most people 🤔😂
Gday, yes I am "not far" from Australia but we drive LHD here so I should be fine. Thanks for the advice, I need to keep that in mind if ordering from Australia or any RHD country. Also will be getting the Miramoto's plus their fog lights.

Hi please keep us informed how you go I got a Thai model myself and I’m looking at this option for my d40 I seriously need better lights and these look like the best I have seen yet cheers

Back