Quick question regarding boost behavior

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrowkarts18

Reaction score
Hi all I just wanted to know if this is a fault or how the turbo works. I recently installed a boost gauge I used a tee piece from the boost sensor nere the intercooler. Anyway when I accelerate, the boost gauge hits 20 psi then suddenly drops down to around 12-15 psi with out me releasing my foot of the accelerator. Is this normal?

Certainly is mate. Mine reads 20PSI in first gear around the 2400 rev mark, then around 14PSI in second with less revs.

It wont reach max boost through every gear unless you are flogging the guts out of it. When it switches into second, you wont get as much boost as first.

Certainly is mate. Mine reads 20PSI in first gear around the 2400 rev mark, then around 14PSI in second with less revs.

It wont reach max boost through every gear unless you are flogging the guts out of it. When it switches into second, you wont get as much boost as first.

Ok thanks For the quick reply mate my sounds about the same as yours so all good. Cheers mate

I think you'll find there are a lot more decent free obd monitoring programs out there for windows than what there are for android and apple...

Try "OBD Auto Doctor". Came up first in a Google search for me! There are others (eg Dash).

Thanks Thats awesome!!!

I think you'll find there are a lot more decent free obd monitoring programs out there for windows than what there are for android and apple...

You'd think so but something with the windows phone and apps. Very few out there. I cant evern find candy crush. LOL

Really?? I guess the phone os is slightly different to the PC version, hmmm, especially after windows 8 came out....

Latest posts

Back