Quick service question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnotas

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the forum and the Navaras well any turbo diesels in general haha and just wanted to know if the oil and filter change is as straight forward as in a petrol car? I always like to do these things myself but am a bit skeptical. soo my question is do i need to do anything else just warm up, drain oil, remove filter, replace and fill with new oil? Also what oil would you guys recommend i run? Its a 2011 2.5 with 160,000 ks on the clock.
Cheers in advance.

yes the oil / filter change is just the same as the petrol engines, try and use the genuine oil filter as opposed to the aftermarket cheapies. when you remove the oil filter just losen it off a turn or two and let the oil run back down into the engine , if you just undo and remove straight away you will make a mess with the old oil. make sure the oil filter is hand tightened as tight as you you feel otherwise it will leak at the seal. [ oil the rubber seal first ]
as far as oil goes i use Penrite HPR Diesel 15 [ 15w - 50 ] but its your choise what grading and brand you prefere. you can pick up genuine oil filters off ebay for $20 posted compared to nissan dealers costs of the $30 mark. one other item you Must change atleast every 10 to 15k is the Fuel Filter as the diesel engine injectors do like clean fuel .

Cheers mate 5L should be enough right? I read somewhere that it was the 3L model that takes more than 5L and yes i want to do the fuel filter in the next week or two.

yes 5 litres is plenty for the D-22 / 2.5 litre 4 x 4 , i think more like 4.5 litres is the go. the other models do require more oil.

Latest posts

Back