QuikSteel Epoxy Putty

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshman

Reaction score
ok, this stuff is amazing. no other word for it.

AFC International Pty Ltd - An Australian family owned company - QuikSteel Epoxy Putty

It can be picked up from your local Repco for near on $10, and yeah...it saved me out bush today, i was tripping over some rocks and gouged a nice hole in my rear diff. she was leaking oil, not at a great rate (so I didn't lose any significant amount), but leaking all the same.

like a mad man it was out with a tarp , dry rag, wet rag and the quiksteel.

had to clean up the wound as best i could while it was still leaking, and then hold the wound with the rag (to stem the flow) while mixing the putty in the other hand. In one motion it was off with the rag and straight on with the putty. wait a few minutes for it to set. now that the leak is stopped i could clean up the entire site properly, and apply a much bigger patch over the top.

needless to say, i made it home in one piece, I even still managed to finish my day of 4WD-ing!

So yeah, for a very small cost, you can save yourself ALOT of pain and money!

Good tip Joshman,
years ago when a teenager I had a yz80 ,a small chunk fell out of crankcase. Held it together with similar type stuff.Also a while ago a mate had a small runabout, outboards dropleg cracked near prop, same story, held together with similar type stuff.
Should be part of every toolkit.

the best part about the hole ordeal is that i grabbed it off the shelf on wednesday on a complete whim, i'd heard about it and though why the hell not, a few more dollars and it can live in the glovebox for all i care.

who knew it'd be saving my truck 4 days later?

i agree that stuff is amazing. some years ago i had a turbo Telstar, i did a radiator flush with a granulated caustic flush product (cant remember which one). the flush cleaned out all this scale and i ended up with a small hole in the welsh plug in the front of the turbo. i didn't want to have to take the turbo off to fix it, or the radiator etc. So i used Quick Steel and basically filled the cupped welsh plug with it. I let it set for over an hour to be sure then drove it like normal. there was a bad smell that the Quick Steel let off for the first few Kms but it heal up and worked perfectly. I sold the car about 4 years later with Quick Steel still going strong. bloody impressed with that, given the temperatures it was subject to.

-!QuickSteel%20Epoxy%20Putty%202%20oz%2016002%20--17015913.jpg

Its always been a part of my spares kit. Got me out of a number of dramas! I'd also recommend it to everyone for the sake of 10 bucks.....

Latest posts

Back