Raptor tub liner (tintable)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent009

Reaction score
Hi all,

Picked up a really cheap raptor kit...only thing it's tintable and not black. I wanted the black one but I couldn't pass on this price. Now I want to make the tintable raptor black.

The information kit says to add a "solvent based basecoat tinter". Can this be bought from places like bunnings? And I'm assuming you can buy this tinter in black?

Cheers

Bunnings won't have it. Need to go to a Shop that sells Panel and Paint supplies. It's the non tintable Raptor that comes Black.

Thanks navman.

Second silly question:

I'm purchasing a cheap schutz gun off ebay. I've never used one before but I now the raptor bottle screws straight onto this. But what is the hose type item which attaches to the end of the gun?

The raptor instructions state to run the schutz gun between 40 to 70 psi. Do I need to buy something additional to the schutz gun so I can set this pressure?

Thanks

The air fittings for the Shultz gun just screw On and off so just use one off one of your air tools. Your Compressor should have a regulator, but I prefer to use one attached to the gun. They are fairly cheap, and can be bought at a paint supplier. With the air pressure it only needs to be high enough to have the raptor spraying out of the gun, doesn't need to be too high.

i used 40 psi when i sprayed mine on
that was the lowest i could go
used the gun that came with kit
watch out for overspray
the shit goes everywhere
i went to bunnings and got 3 of those cheap plastic covers (paint section) and covered car
still managed to get overspray on window

Latest posts

Back