re: Price of Navara's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex44789

Reaction score
yes your must have had alot of bush bashing ect as opposed to the other one that could have been immaculate with bugger all off road use.

yes your must have had alot of bush bashing ect as opposed to the other one that could have been immaculate with bugger all off road use.
Possibly, but he is also comparing his dx to an st-r, which have a bit of extra stuff in them too. Plus, wa is a rip off for everything hahaha. Also depends if the dx was purchased privately or from a dealer... obviously dealers will always charge more...

Car was used off road only a little bit, was mainly a work car that traveled long distance, had a heater core leak which i fixed(PITA) did have a lot of paint damage on the back but that has been fixed cheap as, was bought privately so that only drops the price by like 300-1k. I have seen a lot of private sales where they are selling a 2002 navara for 7k+, now as far as i know the st-r only has nicer features e.g power windows, central locking remote locking, the last two i have installed myself.

Does that really increase the price of the car by 2k?

That's right. The st-r has central locking (not remote, unless fitted aftermarket), electric mirrors, power windows and carpet instead of vinyl on the floor, different seat material and that's about all I can recall at the moment...

Oh and alloy wheels... with colour coded flares...

As to whether they are worth it or not is up to the buyer. If people think they are worth that and silly enough to pay it then that's up to them. It does sound like you got a very good bargain though.

remote locking is factory standart at least in the d22 we got up here as well as full automatic AC and rear heated screen. back in 2002 i payed 32.000 EUR for my d22 (which is ~49.511AUD)
bloody good times man! in my opinion it was totally worth it over the dx model with manual windows (do they even exist?) etc etc (black fender and steel rims package). i also think the dash in the cheap models is blue instead of white but not sure. oh and power antenna instead of manual.

i had the option when i bought my STR was for an extra $110 they supplied a remote for the central locking , i said i was happy with just the key thanks.

i had the option when i bought my STR was for an extra $110 they supplied a remote for the central locking , i said i was happy with just the key thanks.

the original remote control is not aftermarket but build in behind the key barrel, including NATS (nissan anti-theft system which is the Immobilizer) so only your registered key works by matching the key to the car control unit. the Nissan keys look like this:
nissan-car-key-finchley.jpg

the original remote control is not aftermarket but build in behind the key barrel, including NATS (nissan anti-theft system which is the Immobilizer) so only your registered key works by matching the key to the car control unit. the Nissan keys look like this:
nissan-car-key-finchley.jpg
Never got that in australia. D22s sold by nissan here were never fitted with the nats or factory remote central locking. None of them have immobilisers unless fitted aftermarket and as mentioned above, remote locking was a dealer fit option after the car was built...

Never got that in australia. D22s sold by nissan here were never fitted with the nats or factory remote central locking. None of them have immobilisers unless fitted aftermarket and as mentioned above, remote locking was a dealer fit option after the car was built...

didnt know about that i assumed it was the same package with different engine but it seems there are many differances in the end of the day....

didnt know about that i assumed it was the same package with different engine but it seems there are many differances in the end of the day....
Yep yep. Never got climate control, just the basic aircon and heater controls... I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we ever got the zd30 as an auto either. The yd25s are all manual...

Yep yep. Never got climate control, just the basic aircon and heater controls... I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we ever got the zd30 as an auto either. The yd25s are all manual...

there is no auto gearbox d22 as well (thank god) i think only patrols got auto zd30 versions.

Fair enough. They did get them here with the vg30 though from memory

ah yes no idea we didn get any petrol navara, we got the td25 in prefacelift d22 1997-1999 without turbo (gutless) turbo td25 1999-2002 facelift d22 with yd25 2002-2007 and 2 or 3 years of the common rail d22 but sales were bad because of the d40 being up on the same time. i have only seen a petrol d22 in my life and it was imported. completely gutless with the KA24 engine. it was africe import or something like that. never seen a VG engine

Wow.... shows the different markets I guess. The vg30 was around here when they had the qd32 in the very early models. Then went to the vg33 and zd30... pretty sure the vg33 had auto too.

Latest posts

Back