Ready to head off to fraser pictures!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atcmatt

Reaction score
Just a few pics of the old girls setup before we head off for fraser.

Attachments

• image-2800161578.jpg
    image-2800161578.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 183
Another, sorry won't let me upload more than one at a time.

Attachments

• image-3989844592.jpg
    image-3989844592.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 125
Be Carefull if heading up around ngalla rocks. Below is copied from friends who are there now and they posted this today. Doesn't sound like the way to start a holiday. Have fun...
So the track behind Ngkala Rocks is described as "very soft and rough" in the weekly guide distributed to Fraser Island permit holders. Went through it today......and for about 250 metres, yes it was. However, there was a section at the start that was coffee rock and hard but eroded with deep holes and plenty of water. Just need to chug through it at low speed and crawl up and out of the various holes. However, late this afternoon, I saw a dude in his 4wd fly through it at speed, maybe at least 40km/hr. There was much rocking and rolling and a heap of bouncing. His entire roof rack (chockers, just off the barge) ripped from his roof with the momentum of the high speed journey. it came off the roof, ripped or scratched every panel of the vehicle and landed with an unceremonious thump in the ditch next to the track. Dude was very upset as his new fishing rod was snapped in two. That was before he saw the condition of his car.

Be Carefull if heading up around ngalla rocks. Below is copied from friends who are there now and they posted this today. Doesn't sound like the way to start a holiday. Have fun...
So the track behind Ngkala Rocks is described as "very soft and rough" in the weekly guide distributed to Fraser Island permit holders. Went through it today......and for about 250 metres, yes it was. However, there was a section at the start that was coffee rock and hard but eroded with deep holes and plenty of water. Just need to chug through it at low speed and crawl up and out of the various holes. However, late this afternoon, I saw a dude in his 4wd fly through it at speed, maybe at least 40km/hr. There was much rocking and rolling and a heap of bouncing. His entire roof rack (chockers, just off the barge) ripped from his roof with the momentum of the high speed journey. it came off the roof, ripped or scratched every panel of the vehicle and landed with an unceremonious thump in the ditch next to the track. Dude was very upset as his new fishing rod was snapped in two. That was before he saw the condition of his car.
Hahaha. Shouldn't laugh, but if they want to drive like that I guess they deserve what they get...

Thanks for the replies. Yeah that sounds nasty, poor bloke, definitely got to take it easy, I always do, my ute is also my work ute so can't afford to go hell for leather and break things! Have a good day everyone!

Just got back today from fraser. Had a great time, camped all over the island, made it all the way up to the sandy cape and through ngalla rocks. So many people would get stuck there and you would be waiting an hour just to get a crack at getting through. The navara just cruised on through that section even fully loaded. Very impressed. The island is absolutely massive! I was blown away by the size and beauty of it! Such a long drive from sydney though I will be back again!

Attachments

• image-3496965352.jpg
    image-3496965352.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 72

Latest posts

Back